Ok I am quite confused with this situation. I currently have a blackstar ht-5 and love it. But I also want to get a second amp and play through both of them at the same time. I'm thinking of getting a peavey valveking 112. But the thing is I will also be getting a couple of 1X12 cabs one for each amp. So is there any way for me to have the speakers in the amps going at the same time as the speakers in the cabinets? I will also be upgrading the speakers in my amps, but I need help with this right now. Thanks in advance.
Yes it can be done. Not sure about the connections on the HT-5 as I dont have one but even if it doesnt have the connection you can always re-wire the speaker situation. So YES it can be done and fairly easily. Most likely your HT-5 has a speaker output jack that you can use. I know the VK does.. Then its just a matter of working out impedance which is easy when you are ready..
Well, I don't know if this will help.

But I own an EQ pedal from Dunlop, the Kerry King version, and it has 2 outputs for amps. So if you don't already have an EQ or you're looking for a better one then this might work for you.
I'll eventually be getting an eq pedal but I forgot about the kerry king version so thanks for reminding me about that.
Plugging in an external speaker in the VK 112 will disable the internal speaker. The VK 212 combo
is far more external cab/speaker friendly.
Quote by notaspy2009
Are there any modifications I can do to the vk 112 to avoid that?

Not really. The physical act of plugging into the external speaker jack is what disables the internal speaker circuit. It's pretty major surgery to get it to function like a VK 212. You'd have to replace the entire speaker portion of the circuit and the output transformer as well as add a switch for ohms selection. Some have modded the VK112 into a head by removing he lower portion of the cabinet and run through the speaker out jack to a 16ohm 2x12 or a 4x12 cab. The stock VK112 is locked at 16ohms impedance for speakers.

Still others have replaced the output transformer and added the impedance selection switch but left the internal speaker circuit intact. That would allow an external cab of 4 to 32 ohms I believe but still disables the internal speaker.
Last edited by sparkeyjames at Feb 12, 2012,
Quote by sparkeyjames
Not really. The physical act of plugging into the external speaker jack is what disables the internal speaker circuit. It's pretty major surgery to get it to function like a VK 212. You'd have to replace the entire speaker portion of the circuit and the output transformer as well as add a switch for ohms selection. Some have modded the VK112 into a head by removing he lower portion of the cabinet and run through the speaker out jack to a 16ohm 2x12 or a 4x12 cab. The stock VK112 is locked at 16ohms impedance for speakers.

Still others have replaced the output transformer and added the impedance selection switch but left the internal speaker circuit intact. That would allow an external cab of 4 to 32 ohms I believe but still disables the internal speaker.

OK, thanks. I'll probably go for a 6505+112 or the vk212 then.