Hi,

Will got a Ukulele just after Christmas, he had one lesson from a great Ukulele teacher, who suggested he play this Jazz Standard. Will was supposed to just play the chords I think the idea was keeping simple time with chords.

However Will decided he wanted to play the melody as well - this involved changing some of the chords in the music he was given (page from real book) as they didn't include notes from melody, and generally jazzing it up a bit. This is all his own work - no help from me (not that I would have been of much use).

The result is this http://www.youtube.com/user/phobkirk2?feature=mhee

Will has played guitar for a few years now, but the Uke is getting a bit of attention now I think partly because it's a fun instrument, but also possibly because it lacks all the rules associated with Classical Guitar.

Hope its OK to post here, after all the Uke is just a baby guitar.

Enjoy.

Comments please... especially any Uke specific hints and suggestions for next tune to tackle.

Paul
Last edited by phobkirk at Feb 12, 2012,
Absolutely love it! The young man has talent. I really like the fact that he's taken a jazz standard and made it his own. Jazz is probably my favorite genre. Most kids only want to play Justin Bieber... As my jazz instructor says - 4 chords and a cloud of dust.

I really like the last part. LOL. I'll have to try that with my guitars! Bravo!!!