Has anyone used them or heard anything about them? I'm looking at telecasters online and I've found a modded standard tele fitted with them, I've youtubed them and I can't find anything. I'm looking to try and get a John Mayer type tone but im also in a band that requires a more paramoreish tone and id rather have a guitar that can do both if possible.

Thanks in advance for help.
EMG single coils are very good. Assuming you have an amp that can make good use of them, you should be able to do anything you want with them that requires single coils.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Just a roland cube 60 at the moment, but im wanting to buy a new one soon, I really don't know much about pickups at all (primarily play acoustic) anyone care to enlighten me on the difference between single coils and humbuckers.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
The EMG Telecaster pickups are great; though in every circumstance I would recommend the regular T models over the TC pickups; the TCs just sound like a cheaper, weaker version of the Ts. The Ts do a great job of nailing the Telecaster sound but with more consistent output, smoother response during bends and wider response on the bass strings. Plus the neck pickup doesn't get anywhere near as muddy as a normal Tele neck pickup. And of course they're entirely hum-less.

My only beef with the EMG Ts is that the flat black, white or ivory covers don't look good on most Telecasters, but if you happen to have a fairly modern-looking Tele then they'll fit in.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.