Page 1 of 2
seriously is there some science to this? when im borderline wasted I play like ****ing buckethead. i dont miss a string and my confidence is super high. wierd shit bros
I'm sure you being hammered has nothing to do with how well you perceive yourself to be playing.
I do. Not drunk drunk, but like 3 shots or a couple beers. If im really drunk i sound awful
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
I have tried on many occasion. No. Never.

Sober= much better playing. If you're a bit uptight, a couple drinks might help you relax, but getting drunk never actually helps. If you think it does help, just record yourself and listen back sober. It's bad news bears.
Quote by jetfuel495
This is going to become a thing. Mark my words.

What is, the rathculflatts?
Quote by jetfuel495
lol nigga u so drunk u think ur good

I agree with this.

You just THINK you're playing good when you're drunk.
Quote by jetfuel495
You know it.

You ought to plug them in the share thread

I bet someone would try to force themselves to enjoy it to try and sound cool.

Bumping...
About 20 years ago I played a gig when I was drunk (other bands had over run during the day, so we were about 3 hours later on stage than planned).

I thought I was playing a excellent solo during our final song. It turned out I'd walked too far away from the amp and had unplugged myself. If I was sober, I might have noticed.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I think a couple of beers (i.e. 2 not 12) helps me a bit.
"People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis; you can't trust people."
I've found myself playing badly due to over-thinking the timing or whatever, or being anxious about about messing up or forgetting things, and I'm sure a small amount of alcohol would fix those sorts of problems and make me play more automatically. I don't like how everyone always says with complete certainty that it can only possibly be misplaced drunk confidence.

Although if you were properly pissed as opposed to slightly tipsy I'd imagine it was.
Last edited by whalepudding at Feb 12, 2012,
Quote by jetfuel495
lol nigga u so drunk u think ur good

/thread.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I know one time i recorded myself playing angels dont kill and i played it just fine despite the fact i could barely stand up straight
Facts:

Alcohol increases your ego, and therefore you THINK you play better.

But: Alcohol decreases your motorical skills, so your fingers won't react as fast as they usually do. Also, because your boosted ego, you pay less ateention too your prescision.

Long story short: alcohol never makes you a better player. It might ease you if your stressed/tense, but other than that: NO ALCOHOL FOR YOU!
Gear:

Fender American Hand Stained stratocaster
Fender 72' Telecaster Deluxe FSR

Squier Vista Venus

Boss TU-3
Boss OD-3
Pro co Rat 2
EHX Big Muff Nano
EHX Small clone
Boss DD7
Hardwire Supernatural

Vox AC30cc1
Blackheart Little Giant stack
I do, my fingers react faster actually, I can play things that I can't normally play.
Quote by Fishybones
Facts:

Alcohol increases your ego, and therefore you THINK you play better.

this. it sounds better to my ears when drunk but my neighbors disagree.

Quote by Fishybones
ALCOHOL FOR YOU!

why thank you!

also, making hendix-styled noises when drunk is in my opinion one of the most fun things to do on a guitar.
Quote by psyks
You are filthy.
Quote by cemges
I do, my fingers react faster actually, I can play things that I can't normally play.

No you can't. If you believe so, you're fooling yourself.

Alcohol decreases your brain functions, and therefore, your speed of your nerve signals decreases.

Now, PLEASE explain to me how that can make your fingers move faster?

Quote by vince1991
why thank you! .

Well, I have a funnel and a bottle of malt whiskey. You up for it?
Gear:

Fender American Hand Stained stratocaster
Fender 72' Telecaster Deluxe FSR

Squier Vista Venus

Boss TU-3
Boss OD-3
Pro co Rat 2
EHX Big Muff Nano
EHX Small clone
Boss DD7
Hardwire Supernatural

Vox AC30cc1
Blackheart Little Giant stack
Quote by blake1221
Hey TS, tell me what you think of this.

http://therathculflattsexperience.bandcamp.com/

It's a bit quiet, so you might want to turn it up a little.

Ben is going to become a UG phenomenon/meme.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Quote by Fishybones
No you can't. If you believe so, you're fooling yourself.

Alcohol decreases your brain functions, and therefore, your speed of your nerve signals decreases.

Now, PLEASE explain to me how that can make your fingers move faster?

Well, I have a funnel and a bottle of malt whiskey. You up for it?

We talk about a single glass of a drink. When you feel better, you play better. I don't say you play like god with 13 tequila shots.
For sure better with a couple Amsterdams in me... bottle of Bushmills? Not so much

But it's still fun as shit
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
I think it's really much more difficult to play when I'm drunk. It feels like I have to concentrate 200% to get it right.
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

Nope, as I don't drink. I don't need to be drunk to be a confiednt player, as I already am confident that I can play well, but as anyone else, can improve myself.
Skip the username, call me Billy
Page 1 of 2