Looking into buying a new guitar, I am going to be using it for metal (Tight riffing that needs to be articulate) In terms of playing think something along the lines of later death albums.

Looking at the Ibanez RGA72QME and looking at the Agile Septor Pro and the Intrepid pro.

I don't like Trem's and will prefer passives, so I'll be switching out pups regardless, probably going to get some BKP's.

Any help with choosing will be appreciated

amp is in the sig, I'll be getting a krankenstein head soon though.
Ibanez RGA72QME BBS
Schecter Hellraiser C7 NT in Black
ESP LTD MH-1000 (STG)
Bugera 333xl Head
Krank Krankenstein Head
Ampeg SSC-140 combo 212
Pretty sure Agile do SEVERAL variations on ALL of their models, so you can likely get a Septor Pro with passives (can't be bothered to check the site, but I've spend countless hours GAS'ing over their guitars!) though the argument can be made that active pickups would be better for what you want to play.. my friend has an Agile and he says it's fantastic for the price, absurdly good for the price in fact.. but still not as good as a high-end Ibanez or ESP

Anyway if you want passives, save yourself some money and buy the Septor Pro
Go with the agile!!

For the price tag they are INCREDIBLE. Especially the high end models. I prefer mine with the FR trem but the hard tail model is awesome too.
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
I named my guitar after my GF once... It was tempremental, the neck was too fat, and I couldn't turn down the volume, just like her...
When I was looking at the site and found that the agile models I was looking at had actives, it also seems that Cepheus(however they are spelt) passives did not seem to be really that impressive all said and done. So the passives they come with would need to be changed regardless. Hence my statement that I would be changing out the pickups.

Another thing that has myself slightly worried about the Agile is that I have heard that there are some issues with the fretboards sometimes, If I buy a new guitar I don't want to have to spend more money fixing it.

These were the models that caught my eye that they have listed on Rondo Music.

http://www.rondomusic.com/intrepidprodual627ebdncblood.html

http://www.rondomusic.com/product4583.html
Ibanez RGA72QME BBS
ESP LTD MH-1000 (STG)
Bugera 333xl Head
Krank Krankenstein Head
Ampeg SSC-140 combo 212
Last edited by Dyrti at Feb 12, 2012,
Are you aware that those two guitars have different scale lengths? The Septor has a 25.5" and the Intrepid has a 27"..

I'd go with the Intrepid, seems to have better specs but be wary of that extra-long neck if you haven't played one before! It's apparently better for shreddy stuff as you have slightly more room between the frets
You're not really giving us enough info to really work with.

For starters, what isn't your MH-1000 giving you that you want?

Do you have a shape/neck profile/ tonewood preference?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
The MH-1000 is good, but it is not as tight as I'd like it to be in tone, which also goes to the amp, that I know. It still has a use because I enjoy the tone it gives for my Industrial metal stuff (think Rammstein) but for my more intricate metal songs the JB is a little to loose.

I want either a mahogany or alder body, and I really like the Thin U neck on my LTD, but also tried out the RGA and really enjoyed that neck as well, as it was quite comparable.

I was kind of weighing the options between the two brands that were listed, so if you have another brand worth mentioning by all means, however I wanted to branch out and try a brand I didn't have to get more personal experience with different brands.
Ibanez RGA72QME BBS
ESP LTD MH-1000 (STG)
Bugera 333xl Head
Krank Krankenstein Head
Ampeg SSC-140 combo 212
Definitely sounds like a pickup issue, at least. The JB is very... Meh.

Unless you explicitly like the JB, I'd recommend switching it out for an SH-5. EMG's would be much better entirely, especially when it comes to tightness and articulation, but if you just don't like them, that's fair.

If you get an Ibanez, you could put in D-Activators or a D-Sonic as well.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by SilverSpurs616
Are you aware that those two guitars have different scale lengths? The Septor has a 25.5" and the Intrepid has a 27"..

I'd go with the Intrepid, seems to have better specs but be wary of that extra-long neck if you haven't played one before! It's apparently better for shreddy stuff as you have slightly more room between the frets

27 inch is baritone. It's made to be played it B.
Quote by uncle_sprinter
27 inch is baritone. It's made to be played it B.

it just a longer scale, it can be played in just about anything if you want it to be...not just B...

Longer scale is usually used for lower tunings, you are correct there...
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
I'd go with Ibanez RG Prestige series. If you don't like 7-strings, there's the RG1570 with a decent price. It has a trem, but I believe it's lockable so that's not an issue. It's also very suitable for metal. I have the 7-string version RG1572 and I just love it.

The quality is awesome. The Agile guitars look very interesting too but I haven't tested them ever so can't really say anything about it. It will probably come to your personal taste.

http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-RG1570
It has a basswood body, I'd rather have a tonewood curtailed to one tone type than be in the middle, as then I could choose pickups that pick up the opposite end to pick up the full spectrum. Not to mention it just seems to be better to pick up a better tonewood then pick an inbetween one.
Ibanez RGA72QME BBS
ESP LTD MH-1000 (STG)
Bugera 333xl Head
Krank Krankenstein Head
Ampeg SSC-140 combo 212
i have an RGA72TQM and I love it. The neck is really fast and comfortable, and it has a really nice metal tone.
My Guitar Rig:
Peavey 6505+ Head
Peavey 6505 slant cab
MXR Smart Gate
MXR Noise Clamp
Ibanez ts-9 tubescreamer
Ibanez RGA72tqm with EMG 81/85

Other Guitar Gear:
Fender Vibro Champ
TTM Guitars Devastator
LTD EC-200