Hey folks,
Wanted tom know what was your expert opinion on how to set my pedals. I have a Dunlop classic crybaby, a polytune tuner, a boss overdrive od-3, a boss blues driver, a boss distortion ds-1, a boss metalzone, s boss compresor, a boss chorus esemble, a boss reverb rv-5, a ernie ball junior volume pedal, a boss noise suppresor, a boss delay dd-7, a boss equalizer, a boss acustic simulator and wanted to know how to order them for the best sound. My gear is a Prs custom 24 and a custom shop Gibson 335. My amp is a fender deville and running throught george l's patch cables and pedalboard is a pedaltrain pt-pro. I play comtemporean christian music, some blues, some jazz, some christian rock and pop. Throw me all suggestions you can give me.

Thanks,
generally you have this...

tuners and volume pedals > signal based effects such as OD, distortion, wahs > time based effects such as chorus phazer flanger delay etc..

so i'm gonna try to attempt to order your laundry list of effects here.....

polytune.volume.crybaby. OD3. BD. DS1. MZ. NS. CMP. EQ. CE. AS. RVB. DD7.

you can mess around with the actual order with each group but you wanna make sure all the drives are together and in front, before you get to time based effects you want your compressor and eq and comp, then as then just make sure the delay and the reverb are at the end. it's hard to compensate your tone when you have so many pedals but with the right setup you can save what little original signal you'll have, but that should work out.

good luck
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
And what about if putting volume at end? i thing its better for the distortions if put volume at the end
try it, again nothing is set in stone, i've always had my vol at the front but try diffferent setups and see what works for you
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
it depends what your are trying to achieve. for example, many would say comp early because you want to compress as much of the guitars original signal as possible and heavy distortions are already compressed.

i would sell the metalzone. your running 2 ODS into a tube amp with an EQ. if you run both ODS right and push te amp, EQ it for a heavy sound, you should be in metal territory - but naturally. not a BS boss metalzone. but i dont know your setup....maybe not. try it!

plus, with 2 ODS and a volume / EQ with level control, you can work your amp like it has 3,4 or heck maybe even more channels. you might do a tap dance. but IMO you got some unneeded gain pedals there.

if i were you:

-get rid of either the os3 or ds1. pick
-drop the metalzone
- drop the reverb (deville has a built in spring reverb right?)

in front: polytune>comp (objective)>crybaby>bluesdriver>OD 2nd>noise suppressor (objective)

FX Loop: Chorus>Delay

I dont know: volume (no experience), simulator (never used one), and EQ. there are dozens of ways to use an EQ, espeically one with a level control like a clean boost. this one is up to you. loop, in front where in chain...

also where i listed objective is where you can experiment. the question is not "where does my compressor go?". it is "what do i want to compress?" and "how does that change the tone?"