Page 1 of 3

We have gay pride and black history. These 'celebrations' seem to create more hate than extinguish imo.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Feb 12, 2012,
Where the hell was this thread the first half of the month??
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ_Sqj7JUn8&t=12s

Nah I'm just joking. Happy racial dividing single month of "black" history.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by lushacrous

I never thought about it til now.
Oh yeah I forgot it was black history month.

I mean what the hell?
The month is supposed to represent the rise of equality right? To support the end of racism for whenever that day may come, and to celebrate how far we've come?
If that's so, why the hell did they make Black History month the shortest month of the year

Quote by bradulator
http://youtu.be/48K5Y0421Ig

Sam Cooke, nigga

One of the best songs ever.
Morgan Freeman and I say black history month sucks.
Last edited by -[NiL]- at Feb 12, 2012,
Quote by lushacrous

Eating wa-
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
One of the best songs ever.

(I want this picture of Albert to be the cover for a rap album someday)
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
whys there even a black history month? it would be racist if there is a white history month, so why are there black?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I propose Black Future Month
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

Quote by element4433
whys there even a black history month? it would be racist if there is a white history month, so why are there black?

Kinda like if a white guys says "nigga" it's bad but if a black guy says it it's not? Racism doesn't make much sense.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']Morgan Freeman and I say black history month sucks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GeixtYS-P3s
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by trainspotted11
Kinda like if a white guys says "nigga" it's bad but if a black guy says it it's not? Racism doesn't make much sense.
Well, I was joking.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by trainspotted11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpxkGhMYVVo
Quote by lushacrous
I propose Black Future Month

Quote by Pagan_Poetry
No joke. Sam Cooke's one of my favorite singers. Such a powerful voice.

Most definitely
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by CoreysMonster
that pic would be funnier if the text was "1.21 nigga what?"
It's Jay-Z....
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by CoreysMonster
that pic would be funnier if the text was "1.21 nigga what?"

Naw mang, it's because the pic is of Jay-Z, who also has a thing for referring to himself as Jigga.

edit
Quote by element4433
It's Jay-Z....

goddammit
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Last edited by lushacrous at Feb 12, 2012,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

We have gay pride and black history. These 'celebrations' seem to create more hate than extinguish imo.

You think it creates hate?

Diversity is good and celebrating it is good.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
I really hate any type of racial history month. Why the **** does this matter still, seriously. I wish people can just stop categorizing people by color. Who cares if i'm white or if x person is black.
pinga
Quote by Meths

It certainly breeds resentment.

My big issue with black history month (or any racial history month) is that it continues to categorize people into arbitrary groups. "Well this is what your people did and this is what my people did!"
Quote by EndTheRapture51
hard sciences don't have correct and incorrect answers actually
Quote by darkangel666

Diversity is good and celebrating it is good.

Why is good to celebrate differences?
Quote by StewieSwan

My big issue with black history month (or any racial history month) is that it continues to categorize people into arbitrary groups. "Well this is what your people did and this is what my people did!"

Exactly. It stands out too much. I think people would prefer it if nobody had these kinds of months because we would seem more equal that way. Having months that stand out like this remind us "Oh this person is black and you're not" or "this person is gay and you're not", etc. Equality does not equal showing off or comparing.

I appreciate the message it has and how it promotes the importance of blacks in history, including some of the greatest minds and innovators of recent history, but I still think it does more damage than good.
**** black History.

**** the MOBO awards.

It just creates a divide.

Imagine if we had a white history month? Or MOWOs?

Yeah. **** this. Just creates tension.
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by Cb4rabid
I really hate any type of racial history month. Why the **** does this matter still, seriously. I wish people can just stop categorizing people by color. Who cares if i'm white or if x person is black.

Yeah, it was really annoying of us white people to ever do it. And then continue to do it. For centuries. A lot of us still do. Let's blame black people for trying to take pride in something we used to lynch them for being.

And nobody cares if you are white or black.

Quote by StewieSwan

How? Why does anyone give a fuck if black people like to celebrate the positive aspects of their history? You know why it developed, right? It wasn't as a way of separating themselves from white people; it was because for decades and centuries black people were taught to be ashamed of their skin colour and their history.

Quote by StewieSwan

I've never seen anything like that. As far as I can see, it's about celebrating black milestones and contributions. Is that not something we can ALL celebrate? We should be proud of the progress we've made towards racial equality. All of us. Nobody's stopping you from celebrating black history.

My main issue with white people's criticisms of black history month is the staggering lack of understanding of what it is for. I don't like the idea that some people are so lacking in empathy that they can't think for a minute from a perspective that differs from their own.

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by blake1221
Why is good to celebrate differences?

I like diversity. The world would be dull if we were all the same.

Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Exactly. It stands out too much. I think people would prefer it if nobody had these kinds of months because we would seem more equal that way. Having months that stand out like this remind us "Oh this person is black and you're not" or "this person is gay and you're not", etc. Equality does not equal showing off or comparing.

I appreciate the message it has and how it promotes the importance of blacks in history, including some of the greatest minds and innovators of recent history, but I still think it does more damage than good.

Getting rid of black history month would not make everyone look more equal. That makes it sound as if black history month is the major stumbling block to true racial equality.

Quote by MH400
**** black History.

**** the MOBO awards.

It just creates a divide.

Imagine if we had a white history month? Or MOWOs?

Yeah. **** this. Just creates tension.

I still don't see (and nobody has provided a reason for) how it creates tension.

And oh my god, really? White history month? You genuinely think* that's at all comparable?

*probably not.

Oscar Wilde
Quote by StewieSwan

It's supposed to empower a traditionally oppressed people. It's not supposed to separate; it's supposed to bring people together in celebration of Black achievements.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

I don't know why people are complaining about it "causing a divide" and "tension." Personally, I love White Guilt Month.
Quote by element4433
Be subtle with it. Don't like molest him.

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.
Quote by Meths
I like diversity. The world would be dull if we were all the same.

It's glaringly obvious that we're all different. No one would make that assumption. Why does the obvious need to be celebrated?

Why can't all good achievements be celebrated, without segregating them into what race achieved what?
Quote by Meths

Getting rid of black history month would not make everyone look more equal. That makes it sound as if black history month is the major stumbling block to true racial equality.

I still don't see (and nobody has provided a reason for) how it creates tension.

Well you can't exactly get rid of it now. That would look even worse. Just saying maybe it shouldn't have even been made.
Page 1 of 3