Page 1 of 4
So I'm not the worlds biggest rap and hip hop fan, but I really like the direction it is heading. I just discovered this up and coming rapper named Gil AKA Pissed Off Gil AKA G McFosho. In my opinion, his music provides a refreshing twist on the stale, shallow and superficial music known as mainstream hip hop.

Here is his first single Rifle Burs from his yet to be released album, Gil Killed Hip Hop. I suggest reading the video description before watching the video, as it provides some context for Gil's hard hitting lyrics.

Gil has flow like the Nile, and his lyrics paint a vivid picture that can spark deep primal emotions in even the most emotionless robots. His unique and unusual beats provide the perfect backdrop for his poetry and really ties it all together.

If more and more modern rappers follow Gil's lead, I think I might become a huge fan of modern Rap and Hip Hop. I really like the direction the Hip Hop industry is taking.

What does the Pit think? do you guy see a place for intellegent rappers like Gil in the the world of modern Hip Hop?

TL;DR You can't censor swag
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Follow me on the tweet machine. I tweet about interesting things like the weather and what I ate for breakfast.
The average 'famous' Hip Hop/Rap 'artist,' if you wanna call 'em that, no longer has anything relevant, valid, or intelligent to say. The genre saw its peak in the late 80s / early 90s, and that peak is not coming back.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Look up the Flobots. imo the best hip hop act.
oh and **** bill o'reilly

Why **** him? You can't explain it, can you?
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
oh, your surprised that a rap artist isn't a sell out?

lots of hip hop artists nowadays still make great rap with meaning:

Binary star, Immortal technique, Mr green ( only instrumentals ), cunninLynguists...ect

But true, hip - hop saw its peak with Tupac, Tribe called quest, biggie, ice cube, outkast,....in the 80s/90s
Quote by iplayat11

TL;DR You can't censor swag

unless a mod locks this and removes the links.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Respect. They get all of their deserved recognition for their music, but I feel they are very underrated lyrically.

yea, Atlien was definitely the Hip-Hop album with the best lyrics ever...
pure orgasm for the ears
Quote by whoomit
The future of Hip-Hop? I'm going to colab with Weerd Science.

This is an awesome track. Thanks for sharing!

Follow me on the tweet machine. I tweet about interesting things like the weather and what I ate for breakfast.
I feel like guys like the Roots, Mos Def, and Talib Kweli, set the stage for intelligent 21st century hip hop, and while it isn't in the mainstream, it will exist. Though with Donald Glover (Childish Gambino) getting involved, there's bound to be some more interest.

And yes, I watched the opening video. Here's my response.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVUyyHYkBHk
Quote by CrAzY-RiLeY
yea, Atlien was definitely the Hip-Hop album with the best lyrics ever...
pure orgasm for the ears

Atlien was their best lyrically. Stankonia was their best musically.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Look up the Flobots. imo the best hip hop act.

That's a weird way to spell Das Racist.
Kendrick Lamar.

Section.80

I don't wanna hear it. Hip Hop is alive and kicking, and it's still flourishing into infinity.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Ha the link. Huarrgh, huarrrgh, huarrgh, BURSS, BURSS, BURSS, SWAG.
Last edited by raoooos at Feb 12, 2012,
Quote by smartguyreviews
I feel like guys like the Roots, Mos Def, and Talib Kweli, set the stage for intelligent 21st century hip hop, and while it isn't in the mainstream, it will exist. Though with Donald Glover (Childish Gambino) getting involved, there's bound to be some more interest.

And yes, I watched the opening video. Here's my response.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVUyyHYkBHk

I agree, Childish Gambino is definitely drawing more interest to this style of rap music. Also. IMDABES is another great example of how Gil can utilize incredibly unique beats to drive his messages home.

Last edited by iplayat11 at Feb 12, 2012,
Quote by TheReverend724
^ respect

Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Kid cudi, kanye west, and Odd Future have all cut albums in the past few years that were like nothing anybody had heard before. I really don't know what you guys are talking about.

EDIT: Das Racist and Childish gambino are both awesome as fuck too.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Quote by iantheman
Kid cudi, kanye west, and Odd Future have all cut albums in the past few years that were like nothing anybody had heard before. I really don't know what you guys are talking about.

EDIT: Das Racist and Childish gambino are both awesome as fuck too.

We are saying how we enjoy the fresh direction Rap is heading and how we like that Artists like Das Racist, Childish Gambino, and Odd Future are become more of a mainstream thing instead of an underground scene.

Quote by darkstar2466
The average 'famous' Hip Hop/Rap 'artist,' if you wanna call 'em that, no longer has anything relevant, valid, or intelligent to say. The genre saw its peak in the late 80s / early 90s, and that peak is not coming back.

Yeah, it's not like My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is a notoriously groundbreaking summation of the last 40 years of pop music or anything.
Quote by SkepsisMetal
I ain't mad at you, I'm just a little peeved
And I'll make like a tree and leave

what

Best believe I’m in the scene and I will siege
Just like a tank in/out, then flee

So good
Gambino's great. I listened to Camp for the first time in a month and a half or so the other day and was pleasantly surprised I still liked it. "You See Me" is dope.
Page 1 of 4