What do you mean by "stuff like notes A B G etc"? You mean you don't know where they are on the fretboard?

Knowing the notes on the fretboard is pretty much a must. Knowing how to build chords with these notes will also help a considerable amount.
I agree with whoomit, if you're talking about the fretboard then you should definitely learn it. I am in the midst of learning it, and it really helps you understand a great deal about other aspects of the guitar and how things are put together.
Definitely learn the notes of the fretboard to start with. Begin with the names of the open strings.

The notes of the chromatic western scale are: A; A#; B; C; C#; D; D#; E; F; F#; G; G#.
You'll see B and E don't have sharp notes, they're the only two without.
Each fret on the guitar relates to one semitone (That's the distance between one note to the next, ie. A-A#, or E-F).

Once you've learned the notes of the chromatic scale and the names of the open strings, then you should be able to work out all the notes on the fretboard.
Yeah that should help you out, looks decent enough.

Nah, you're never too old to learn this stuff man, don't worry
MusicTheory.net is a very popular resource that a lot of people like.

Mike Dodge has some fantastic intro lessons on his site. Google it.

If you want to learn theory, you want a structured course of learning, you don't want to just pick up whatever you happen to find a video on. The tendency of people to grab-bag their music theory lessons is why you have people who think that you are "going against theory" to put an F chord in a G major song, and I think it also explains guitarists bizarre obsessions with modes.
people also quite often say stuff like "in the key of Em" or this and that scale. where can i get to learn all this stuff? any websites?
You're never too old to learn. - I'm 20, and have had my guitar for a couple of years but haven't been serious about learning until this past month, and now I am practicing every single day, and trying to learn all the notes on the fretboard by heart - and I am taking lessons for the first time in my life too. - Just get going, nothing comes easy, but it will be rewarding in the end. (:
i pretty much understand the noted on a fretboard (yay! ) however i still dont understand how this is linked to chord building?
A chord consists of at least three notes of the scale, played at the same time, which harmonize with each other. - I don't really know a lot about this yet, although my wife studies music in college, so she can help me, but I am positive lots of people on here can help you understand this. There might even be an article about it.
Quote by danyal92
people also quite often say stuff like "in the key of Em" or this and that scale. where can i get to learn all this stuff? any websites?

MusicTheory.net is a very popular resource that a lot of people like.

Mike Dodge has some fantastic intro lessons on his site. Google it.