What do you think about the Ibanez RGA32/42 or the Schecter Omen 6/Extreme 6?
Which one of these is the best? I want an allround guitar, so I guess the coil tap on the Schecter could come in handy?
i would say the schecter if you want an all around guitar because the ibanez has EMG's which are not versatile at all. Also the coil tap is a nice feature. But definitely play both and see what you like better.
My Guitar Rig:
Peavey 6505+ Head
Peavey 6505 slant cab
MXR Smart Gate
MXR Noise Clamp
Ibanez ts-9 tubescreamer
Ibanez RGA72tqm with EMG 81/85

Other Guitar Gear:
Fender Vibro Champ
TTM Guitars Devastator
LTD EC-200
I would much rather have one of the Ibanezes than either of the Schecters. In my experience, Ibanez guitars are sturdier/built better.

As for the 32/42, they're the same guitar, the 42 just has improved aesthetics. So you'll have to decide for yourself if that is worth the extra money.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
While the Ibanez are more stable physically, those 2 have TERRIBLE active electronics. They sound bad and dont even run off 9v. I owned an Omen 7 and was pretty happy with it.
Quote by 14xjake
i would say the schecter if you want an all around guitar because the ibanez has EMG's which are not versatile at all. Also the coil tap is a nice feature. But definitely play both and see what you like better.

They do not have EMGs, but Ibanez' own pickups (which are active, though).
Quote by Offworld92
I would much rather have one of the Ibanezes than either of the Schecters. In my experience, Ibanez guitars are sturdier/built better.

As for the 32/42, they're the same guitar, the 42 just has improved aesthetics. So you'll have to decide for yourself if that is worth the extra money.

While I do believe my Schecter(Damien Elite FR) a pretty well-built guitar, I'd go with Offworld here. The Omens are the bottom-rung Schecters(well, now there's the SGR series, but the Omens WERE the bottom-rung), and I don't think they're really worth it as anything but a beginner guitar. The Ibanezes you listed are probably the better deal, I've never played them but all the Ibbys I've played have been nicely-built guitars, and the only ones I've got the "this isn't a very nicely-built guitar" vibe from(although I never liked the Wizard necks) have been the Gios I played.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Currently owning both an Ibanez and a Schecter I would definitely have to go with the Schecter. I know they aren't the exact same models to what the TS is looking at but to me the Schecter feels easier to play a little faster and a lot more brighter with better tone. It also feels a little sturdier. The active pick-ups in the Ibanez I have use 2 double A's and definately sound a lot more dull then my Schecter.
:/ oranges and apples, go play them yourself and it all comes down to personal preference
???
Quote by solidrane
:/ oranges and apples, go play them yourself and it all comes down to personal preference

Rotten oranges and ripe apples.
In my experience, Ibanez guitars are sturdier/built better. (Invalid img)
Quote by DarkValo666
They do not have EMGs, but Ibanez' own pickups (which are active, though).

The 2012 models do have EMGs: http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-RGA42E

But yeah those ibanez active pickups suck. I used to have them in my guitar. And i prefer ibanez over schecter, but since he is looking for versatility the schecter seems like a better choice.
My Guitar Rig:
Peavey 6505+ Head
Peavey 6505 slant cab
MXR Smart Gate
MXR Noise Clamp
Ibanez ts-9 tubescreamer
Ibanez RGA72tqm with EMG 81/85

Other Guitar Gear:
Fender Vibro Champ
TTM Guitars Devastator
LTD EC-200
Quote by 14xjake
The 2012 models do have EMGs: http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-RGA42E

But yeah those ibanez active pickups suck. I used to have them in my guitar. And i prefer ibanez over schecter, but since he is looking for versatility the schecter seems like a better choice.

i'd go with the ibanez if it has emgs now. even if you don't like emg you gotta admit they'll sound better than schecters crappy stock pickups. not to mention ibanez's bolt ons feel a hell of a lot better than a schecter bolt on.
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Quote by solidrane

This!

Thoses are two completely different instruments, the feeling of the neck is miles appart.

On either of these instruments, you'll most likely have to upgrade the pickups (if you like the playability, of course) so, IMHO, pickup should'nt be a "real" issue.

The only sensible thing would be to try them out first!

EDIT: I've checked them out, the Omen 6 (non extreme) is the only one with basswood body. IMHO, mahogany sounds/feels a whole lot better, so if you go for schecter, forget the Omen 6 (non extreme). The rest is pretty similar, apart from the neck.
Last edited by t1mman at Feb 13, 2012,