So this thread is inspired by all of the recent sites that have been attacked lately, some being big corporate sites such as Foxconn and others being sites like Steam. lots of people seem to think of them as good guys due to the fact that they hack companies like Foxconn in the name of civil rights for chinese workers, however then they proceed to steal encrypted credit card information from steam or even worse, text files containing email address and passwords from India's Microsoft store (wtf, how can they be so lazy to not encrypt that info).

obviously it is not the same group of people committing each of these crimes (or maybe it is?), however all these hackers usually get lumped into the group "Anonymous" by the media unless a specific group claims responsibility for their actions.

so what do you guys think of these hackers? before they used to be seen in a pretty negative light, however lately they have gathered a pretty big support from many internet communities.
Anonymous are good at organizing a set time and clicking mouse buttons as a collective.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by ironman1478
So this thread is inspired by all of the recent sites that have been attacked lately, some being big corporate sites such as Foxconn and others being sites like Steam. lots of people seem to think of them as good guys due to the fact that they hack companies like Foxconn in the name of civil rights for chinese workers, however then they proceed to steal encrypted credit card information from steam or even worse, text files containing email address and passwords from India's Microsoft store (wtf, how can they be so lazy to not encrypt that info).
That's just their excuse.
ggg1 ggg3

My knowledge of Hackers is limited to the 1995 film starring Jonny Lee Miller and Angelina Jolie. And they were pretty cool and the 'good guys' so I'm assuming they're all vigilantes out to stop Alec Baldwin types.
I think you have to look at each individual case and "hacker" to make that call. Each individual might have different reasons for taking a website down, it might be just for causing mayhem or doing it out of moral superiority. In some cases I might agree with websites being taken down, sometimes not, but in each group you'll find probably find an even share of looneys, self-proclaimed heroes and bored nerds. It's up to you to label it.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
well, hackers are vigilantes, and if they're villains then they're not hackers, they're crackers instead, so...
Last edited by theknuckster at Feb 12, 2012,
If it's the stuff from Anonymous then they're just bored nerds who think they're being t3h cool.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
A hax0rz good or bad nature is directly dependent on their ratio of 1337 to pWn4ge.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
It's almost as if they aren't a big homogeneous group and instead all have different goals and principles.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by blake1221
They can be both.

Or neither, it's fun too you know.
I prefer to just call them "cunts".
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Don't care what you want to call them, they have some pretty awesome wallpapers
Quote by element4433
Be subtle with it. Don't like molest him.

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.
Quote by 67_67
I prefer to just call them "cunts".

agreed +10000000