So scrolling through craigslist I found this ad and naturally my interest was piqued. Does anyone have any information on this cabinet. I'm not too familiar with sunn and know very little about JBL outside of home speaker systems. I already emailed the guy with set of questions (reasons for sale, age, model name, watts, ohms, etc.). anyone wanna provide any information about it, and whether it's worth the price, a good head to run it with.

Also I do know that I like the tone of 1x15 cabs.

Thanks guys.
Strauss!
"I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way." - Gustav Mahler.

Quote by AeolianWolf
absolutely what will said

Yay, my first compliment!
It's discontinued and old, that doesn't make it a rare vintage treasure. I'd check the ohms and watts first, lots of older speakers are seldom rated over 200-300 watts. I'd probably not pay over $200, anything over that and save up for a new carvin cab or avatar.

Old things wear out, and speakers are paper so I'd be wary of buying something that's at least 32 years old.
I was never looking for a vintage treasure, I just am looking for something to replace my monstrously awful behringer combo. So, in your opinion you think I should pass on this?
Strauss!
"I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way." - Gustav Mahler.

Quote by AeolianWolf
absolutely what will said

Yay, my first compliment!
Try to talk him down to $200 like askere suggested. Sunn amps were very popular back in the 70's and they were quality gear. I'm not sure if the JBL speakers is stock in these cabs, but I've had good experiences with JBL speakers in my bass applications (I played an GK RBH 115 that had the speaker swapped for a JBL).
I'd honestly probably get a head first if you plan on upgrading. I'd hate for you get this cab spend all that money and find out it can only pump 200 watts or something.