At the moment I have songs I've written and just can't put music to them. I really can't sing well and my guitar playing is pretty basic. I would need someone who can play lead guitar and someone who can play rhythm. Someone to play bass, a drummer and a vocalist. Songwriting is becoming something I love to do and I would just love to see them become complete by having people come up with music for them. I'd like people who can play alternative/rock/metal. Credit would go to anyone that decides to help me out.
I could almost definitely do rhythm, and maybe lead depending on how advanced it is. I have quite decent equipment and recording gear. Interested at all?
Also, what genre? Doesn't bother me too much but I'm probably not down for say, folk-techno with a jazz double bass. Or something stupid like that.
Call me Skeletor
I can do drums mate, if you want me.

And i can do probably rhythm guitar but I just needs to fix my guitars first so it may be a week or so before I can use them, but I have an electric drum kit so I can record drums pretty easily.
Last edited by Nathy137 at Feb 13, 2012,
*gear note
ESP LTD MH-327 into Fender mustang 3, which can USB to a PC, where I record using ableton live lite 8 fender edition. I also have an ibanez gio of some description for drop tunings, but I don't use it very often.
Call me Skeletor
Wow I wasn't fully expecting much response to this at all. @faithsomemore, very interested. Considering others have offered to do lead you could have rhythm. Genres are generally rock/alternative/metal. For one song I'm thinking along the lines of Slipknot's - Snuff

@Nathy137 Would love if you'd do drums

@JamesCrow If you could do lead guitar and vocals that'd be great. I tried the link but it just kept taking me back to the facebook homepage.

@stevosmusic1 Guitar could still be open to you, but if you wouldn't mind adding extra vocals that'd be great.

If any of you know a bassist willing to help out it'd be appreciated. Seeing as it'll be down to you guys to get a melody to my words, I guess it'll be best if I give you all the lyrics and you can work out together how to put music to them. I'm not expecting anything I write to become big but I do hope to end up making some videos for them and getting them on youtube. I'm truly grateful for your responses and willingness to help me out with this.

Input from anyone would also be great. If my words don't fit with what you can come up with I'll try and change them to help you out. One thing I'd love to do is write a song for my best friend and have you all to put music to it so I can give her a song for her birthday. There's never any real rush to do any of this in an instant.
here's my youtube then... figuring out music online is gonna be a challenge but I'm sure we can handle it What program do you guys use to record? I use Cakewalk Sonar

http://www.youtube.com/user/JamesCrow22?feature=mhee

-edit- ok for some reason I had a bunch of country restrictions on my fb page. I took them off so you should be able to access it now.
Last edited by JamesCrow at Feb 13, 2012,
Quote by JamesCrow
here's my youtube then... figuring out music online is gonna be a challenge but I'm sure we can handle it What program do you guys use to record? I use Cakewalk Sonar

http://www.youtube.com/user/JamesCrow22?feature=mhee

-edit- ok for some reason I had a bunch of country restrictions on my fb page. I took them off so you should be able to access it now.

Pretty awesome man I like your lower range, feels it could be what I'm looking for.
Sweet, although I did think you meant you had written the instruments as well xD
Still all good though.
Also, as I said before I use ableton live lite 8 fender edition.
So are we gonna maybe use Skype or something like that for whole group discussions?
Call me Skeletor
@night warrior You can do bass. Some nice playing there.
@faithsomemore Lol if I'd come up with the instruments then you'd all mostly be playing A E and D chords. Why I need people with more talent than myself xD Do you think you'd need me to join in with any group discussions or anything? I wouldn't mind at all to leave the music up to you guys as you'll have more idea of what you're all doing. And anything you come up with I'll likely be more than happy with. I'm not sure if any of you got the messages I sent as nothing is showing up in 'sent' so would you guys like the two sets of lyrics I have finished?
I like them, especially as far as being able to work music around them. I'll have a go hopefully tonight (about 9:00 here) otherwise tomorrow.

EDIT: yeah I got them :P
Call me Skeletor
Last edited by faithsomemore at Feb 14, 2012,
hopefully I can import those formats into Cakewalk...oh I'm sure I can. Seeing I'm doing lead guitar and vocals I guess I'll wait till everyone has done their parts
Quote by faithsomemore
So I'll just post here when I have rhythm for those first lyrics?

Might be best
Hi.. have all the positions filled?? if not yet.. I can do rhythm, or lead or I can play bass.. anything as long as guitars.. can't sing though..LOL! Just registered to say that I want to be part of this. Let me know guys.. gudezmark@ymail.com
Quote by zedge
Hi.. have all the positions filled?? if not yet.. I can do rhythm, or lead or I can play bass.. anything as long as guitars.. can't sing though..LOL! Just registered to say that I want to be part of this. Let me know guys.. gudezmark@ymail.com

At the moment it seems to all be filled but I'll have other stuff that I'll need guys for. Be good to have a second bassist around.