Page 1 of 2
so i'm stupid. so here is a stupid question.

i moved to a new city a little over six months ago. i haven't made any friends. i'm single and will be 23 on the 19. i made the mistake of asking this girl out last week. i called her and later found out that she was still in high school. i felt like such a idiot. i have such a hard time telling how old someone is. so i thought why not go to a bar (since there is nothing else to do in this town) where majority if not all of the people will be 21 or older.

the only problem is that i don't drink (bad family history with alcohol) and i would go by myself. would i look like an idiot going to a bar by myself and not drinking anything. i'm not familiar with bars. also i look really young for my age and people would see me not drinking and assume i'm under 21 (which everyone does anyways) which may make things worse. am i making a big deal over nothing? should i just go and see what happens? i just don't want to go there and look like an idiot drinking a pepsi or coke by myself.
I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given.

18 or younger girl

Bar

That is just a recipe for disaster, bro.
PM me for newts
Go to a bar. Find a good-looking girl who appears not to be a slut. Tell her "hey, I'm new in town and haven't made any friends yet. What's there to do around here?" She should say "well, get drunk?" You then reply with "ahh, that's not my cuppa tea. Bad family history with alcohol =\"

That should get you started on a new friendship. Good luck bro.

Quote by StewieSwan

18 or younger girl

Bar

He's not pursuing this girl...
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
i didn't type that first paragraph very well. i asked the girl out. called her. found out she's 18. haven't called her since. the age difference is too much. so I'm not going out with her. so to find someone over 21 i thought go to the bar. sorry for the miscommunication.
Quote by StewieSwan

18 or younger girl

Bar

Did you even read the OP?
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Quote by darkstar2466
Go to a bar. Find a good-looking girl who appears not to be a slut. Tell her "hey, I'm new in town and haven't made any friends yet. What's there to do around here?" She should say "well, get drunk?" You then reply with "ahh, that's not my cuppa tea. Bad family history with alcohol =\"

That should get you started on a new friendship. Good luck bro.

He's not pursuing this girl...

thanks. why do i over-think things.
Order a tonic and lime. It'll look like a vodka 7-Up, or whatever lemon-like soda beverage of choice in that bar is. Just baby that sucker for the entire night and nobody will question your non-alcoholic ways. Cheers, brother!
Quote by mr.retard
so i'm stupid. so here is a stupid question.

i moved to a new city a little over six months ago. i haven't made any friends. i'm single and will be 23 on the 19. i made the mistake of asking this girl out last week. i called her and later found out that she was still in high school. i felt like such a idiot. i have such a hard time telling how old someone is. so i thought why not go to a bar (since there is nothing else to do in this town) where majority if not all of the people will be 21 or older.

the only problem is that i don't drink (bad family history with alcohol) and i would go by myself. would i look like an idiot going to a bar by myself and not drinking anything. i'm not familiar with bars. also i look really young for my age and people would see me not drinking and assume i'm under 21 (which everyone does anyways) which may make things worse. am i making a big deal over nothing? should i just go and see what happens? i just don't want to go there and look like an idiot drinking a pepsi or coke by myself.

Why not use it as a bitching icebreaker? Offer to buy a girl a drink and when you come back with one, say you don't drink. If you went to get her a drink because you wanted one too, then it's okay. If you went just to get her a drink, though, she'll think you're as sweet as a fuzzy peach and smooth as an actual peach.
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Have a drink pussy. Its called self control.

this. maybe have some fun every once in a while.
Gibson SG Special - Tony Iommi pickups
Martin 000CXEBLACK acoustic/electric

Lefties Unite
IS THIS IT?
Quote by burndttoast
Order a tonic and lime. It'll look like a vodka 7-Up, or whatever lemon-like soda beverage of choice in that bar is. Just baby that sucker for the entire night and nobody will question your non-alcoholic ways. Cheers, brother!

that would work.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Why not use it as a bitching icebreaker? Offer to buy a girl a drink and when you come back with one, say you don't drink. If you went to get her a drink because you wanted one too, then it's okay. If you went just to get her a drink, though, she'll think you're as sweet as a fuzzy peach and smooth as an actual peach.

that might work as well.
Quote by Deadlock Riff
Did you even read the OP?

Couple words here and there. Suck my dock.
PM me for newts
^
don't feel bad. i reread the first paragraph and i didn't say that i wasn't pursuing a new gal.

edit: up 2
Last edited by mr.retard at Feb 13, 2012,
What city? Depends on the culture there, too. I was always a bit suspicious of people who didn't drink at bars though, they have the advantage of manipulating those who are drunk. Maybe just do that...?
The last girl I've very briefly been with (a couple of nights just for sex) was 30 years old, i'm 24, honestly didn't feel any different than being with someone as old as me. I think often age is just a mental factor, imho it's not that weird for a not yet 23 years old to date a 18 years old girl.
i moved to newton iowa. it's between des moines and iowa city. a little closer to des moines. listen to drunk girl by something corporate. that's what i'm trying to do. but i'll just take it a step further.

jk

or am i?
Why don't you move to a more exciting town?
Gibson SG Special - Tony Iommi pickups
Martin 000CXEBLACK acoustic/electric

Lefties Unite
IS THIS IT?
Quote by francesco18
The last girl I've very briefly been with (a couple of nights just for sex) was 30 years old, i'm 24, honestly didn't feel any different than being with someone as old as me. I think often age is just a mental factor, imho it's not that weird for a not yet 23 years old to date a 18 years old girl.

the age bothers me but more than that is the fact that she is still in high school.
Quote by Jettski1
Why don't you move to a more exciting town?

i should go back to des moines. i moved to newton becuase of a job. i could go to des moines on my nights off. it's only 20-30 minutes away depending on what part of des moines your going to.
Well, It depends how mature she is, and school girl outfits are to die for. Don't cut off the the only friend you might make just because of that, she'll be out of high school soon you derp. It's up to her anyways whether she would or wouldn't want a relationship whether it be friendly or "Friendly"

RING HER BACK!
Quote by Mr.-Bungle
RING HER BACK!

TS is not tryna creep...
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I bartend, I see people all the time who don't drink. I play in a pool league as well, which are always in bars. Tons of players don't drink, I don't find it strange in the least. So maybe when you go out to a bar try, pool, darts, or bowling, or any other reason to be there other than just stalking girls. But don't order water, and tip, otherwise you'll piss off the bartenders, and they'll think you're creepy. And I bartend in Davenport, so it's pretty much the same culture.
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
i think it would be too creepy to call her back. even if it's just for friendship. i just think it would be weird for a college graduate to hang out with a girl who's still in high school.
Quote by Toadvine
I bartend, I see people all the time who don't drink. I play in a pool league as well, which are always in bars. Tons of players don't drink, I don't find it strange in the least. So maybe when you go out to a bar try, pool, darts, or bowling, or any other reason to be there other than just stalking girls. But don't order water, and tip, otherwise you'll piss off the bartenders, and they'll think you're creepy. And I bartend in Davenport, so it's pretty much the same culture.

i defiantly planned on order something. it seems rude not to. so would it be weird to just get a Pepsi or some type of pop.
Quote by mr.retard
i defiantly planned on order something. it seems rude not to. so would it be weird to just get a Pepsi or some type of pop.

No it's not weird, be friendly, maybe go to bar that has a grill, and an active nightlife. Go during the day get some grub, and mingle with the staff, and the regulars, then when you go back, some of them will recognize you. Like try going after work, at say four or five, grab a burger sit at the bar be social, then go back later on the weekend for karaoke, or to see a band. That way if all the girls ignore you, and they probably will, at least you can talk to the bartender or a server.
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
^
so make it more than just a one time thing? i was planning on going to a few throughout a week or two. however after reading that i think would be better off just sticking to one.
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Have a drink pussy. Its called self control.

this

just have one drink, sip it ever so slightly through out the night and you won't seem like a weirdo coming to a bar in search of date rape.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by TOMMYB22
this

just have one drink, sip it ever so slightly through out the night and you won't seem like a weirdo coming to a bar in search of date rape.

I'm partially drunk as we speak. I don't think celebrating finishing my essays with beers was a good idea.
Drinking alone is for the stupid. I'm stupid.

Anyways, yes, self control. I don't have it but you could!
You are passing on an 18 year old? Wow you have real control or your user name is exactly right .

If you must go to a bar you can order non alcoholic drinks it's no big deal.
My Gear
Fender Strat ('97American Lonestar HSS)
Ibanez RGTHRG1
B-52 AT100
Marshall1960A Cab
Marshall 1960B Cab
dont go.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by halfstacked
You are passing on an 18 year old? Wow you have real control or your user name is exactly right .

If you must go to a bar you can order non alcoholic drinks it's no big deal.

oh shit i forgot about virgin drinks. well there's my answer.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Holy shit I didn't even realize your username was Mr. Retard until now.

yeah and the funny thing is i work at a residential home. my job title is intensive care facility for the mental retarded instructor. so i work with tards like myself.
Page 1 of 2