Page 1 of 2
Anyone watch it, what do you think is going to happen this season? Discuss.
Last edited by AlteredMaggot18 at Feb 13, 2012,
I read one of the book in chapters today??? I honestly haven't watched he show very much. I do however really want to haha
AMP:
Rocktron chameleon 2000
Roland GP16
Audio Technica wireless
Peavey valveking
Clydesdale custom case
GUITAR:
Indie super T black (modded with active and passive pickups)
Daisy Rock Rock Candy Special
Seen the show a couple times. It's pretty good. I keep meaning to read the comic, but I haven't yet.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Pretty sure there is already a thread on this.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Thrasher51
Seen the show a couple times. It's pretty good. I keep meaning to read the comic, but I haven't yet.

its awesome you should watch it.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Went from epic zombie show to a shitty drama in a couple of episodes.

what did you expect?
People keep whining that the show doesn't have enough zombies, when they said at the beginning it would be more about the people, which they did, and they did it pretty well (other then the black guy, and the stereotyped redneck [not Daryl]). Honestly in this episode when the zombie showed up on the road I really wished there wasn't a zombie, it could of been like a deer or something and it would of made more sense, no one is that blind. Dumb contrived plot device.
Quote by rickyj
what did you expect?

Not every show has to go to shit.
Breaking Bad's ending on a very high note. Six Feet Under ended on its best season. The Wire was consistently brilliant and refreshing. Walking Dead season 1 was great. Season 2 is bullshit.
It's a sad, sad day when an artform becoming mediocre and crap is now an expectation.
Quote by Portuguese_boy

THIS

the first half of season 1 was the most epic survival show i've ever seen...after that it turned into a drama series where they focus on the emotional problems of the people in the group instead of focusing on the damn zombies.

it's had it's redeeming moments but they seriously need to start focusing more on the whole "survival" thing instead of their personal dramas.

i still like the show and will continue to watch it, but it's not sizing up to be as good as the first few episodes.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Last edited by Waterboy799 at Feb 13, 2012,
I like the show. I've heard that the comics were epic in comparison, so I'm intentionally not reading them until the show is over so I don't ruin it for myself.
My sig? Nice.
Quote by AlteredMaggot18
They say the comics are different, how?

The graphic novel has the perfect balance between the group's emotions/interactions with one another and actual zombie killing.
Steep ass drop in quality.

I don't have much hope for this season, but I'll watch a few episodes.
It kinds of makes me sad that it's 2012 and people are still zombie-obsessed.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
It kinds of makes me sad that it's 2012 and people are still zombie-obsessed.

Same.

In terms of contemporary zombie stories or anything similar (apart from the Walking Dead comics), nothing will surpass 28 Days Later for me and that came out I think ten years ago (wow I'm getting old). Walking Dead season 1 came close. Season 2 is really underwhelming.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Not every show has to go to shit.
Breaking Bad's ending on a very high note. Six Feet Under ended on its best season. The Wire was consistently brilliant and refreshing. Walking Dead season 1 was great. Season 2 is bullshit.
It's a sad, sad day when an artform becoming mediocre and crap is now an expectation.

i meant that it eventually has to get down to character development.

no one wnats to see the same damn episode of people running from zombies every week.
Quote by rickyj
i meant that it eventually has to get down to character development.

no one wnats to see the same damn episode of people running from zombies every week.

Okay yeah. I agree 100% then. That's why Prison Break died harder than Sonny Bono. Season one was amazing, then season 2, where the break was over and it all boiled down to character study, they ultimately failed. They failed very, very badly. I won't even get into season 3 on.
The scenes from next week's episode make it look like it's gonna pick up again.
Spoiler; the kid ends up shooting shane. (the asshole who ****ed his best friends girl and let the zombies out of the barn.)

I was at a comic shop and decided to browse through the walking dead comics. I came across that page and spoiled it for myself. If I have to live with it, then so do all of you.
Quote by robertsanidiot
Spoiler; the kid ends up shooting shane. (the asshole who ****ed his best friends girl and let the zombies out of the barn.)

I was at a comic shop and decided to browse through the walking dead comics. I came across that page and spoiled it for myself. If I have to live with it, then so do all of you.

That should've happened before the farm when Shane is about to kill the sheriff. Maybe it'll happen later though.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Okay yeah. I agree 100% then. That's why Prison Break died harder than Sonny Bono. Season one was amazing, then season 2, where the break was over and it all boiled down to character study, they ultimately failed. They failed very, very badly. I won't even get into season 3 on.

I thought prison break was awesome besides season 3 its just reatarded. But Jericho is a good show if anyone is interested.
It went to shit pretty quickly.
ggg1 ggg3

Last edited by behind_you at Feb 13, 2012,
Does the show follow the comic closely? I'd like to give it a watch but I don't want to be spoilered. Just finished the 8th TPB Made to Suffer (which is excellent) are the first 2 seasons safe to watch?
Quote by robertsanidiot

That happened wicked early on in the comic book, at this point I donno if that'll happen (soon)

Shane is too important to the show, without him a lot of shit wouldn't happen and it would probably be boring. Plus Rick's son is pretty connected to shane at this point in the show.

Something will happen to him eventually
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Don't have AMC on my college's cable, and with the decrease in megavideo-ish sites recently, I'm having a really difficult time finding a place to see it

I really shouldn't be posting in this thread but I'm bummed that I might not be able to see one of my favorite shows until the season is over and it comes out on dvd.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
I watch it all the time when I have the house to myself

Pros:
- ZOMBIES boom powww splurt HACK squelch High Definition bitchez!!!

Cons:
- Anyone notice how the guy and the guy's wife look and act exactly the same?
It's weird if you think about it.
- I stopped caring about the little girl cos i forgot who she even was, still...I had a sad at the end.
- Too intellectually challenging.
Quote by Basti95

- Too intellectually challenging.

As in it's too deep or complex? I don't think it's complex at all. In fact, I think the intellect could be even higher.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
As in it's too deep or complex? I don't think it's complex at all. In fact, I think the intellect could be even higher.

Oh right right...

It was sarcastic

I was watching taking dead and some one major is going to die in this half of the season. The producer said so right now I think it's the mom or darrel
Last edited by AlteredMaggot18 at Feb 13, 2012,
Quote by Portuguese_boy

Srsly. I usually get hooked on these kinds of shows like it's crystal chocolate meth, but all the BAAAWWW and boring character jerking totally killed my boner.
Quote by imdeth
Does the show follow the comic closely? I'd like to give it a watch but I don't want to be spoilered. Just finished the 8th TPB Made to Suffer (which is excellent) are the first 2 seasons safe to watch?

The show departs from the comic pretty heavily, there's characters in both that don't exist in the other, and major events as well. From a timeline standpoint, the show is only up to the 2nd or 3rd 'chapter'. They haven't left Herschel's farm yet, and that happens pretty early in the comic.
Quote by JackalUK
Funnily enough I'm currently reading the first compendium.

That thing is the greatest thing ever.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Last night's episode was pretty shitty, but that scene in the bar was really good. They need more scenes like that.
Page 1 of 2