Greetings fellow craftsmen I am here in hopes to have a question answered.
I purchased a new laptop and would like a game to play when i have some free time, more specifically i'd like a game in the same vain as Age of Empires 2 - for some reason this game isn't compatible with windows 7, shame!

(tech specs)
Theres a sticker on my laptop with the following:
Intelcore 2.2ghz, 3mb lache
hd graphics 3000 up to 821 mb dynamic video memory
2gb ddr3 memory

I hope to hear back from someone in the next few days with a suggestion.
Or better yet, an aoe2 compatibilty remedy.

Keep on keepin' on !
“being in a room and sitting there with a ghost, hearing their voice in your head and seeing them as clearly as I'm seeing you right now.”
For a second there, I could have sworn you were an adbot.

OT: I can't help, sorry
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The Police

#wolfie2017 #freegyros #gifsftw G7#9
age of empires 3 maybe? i wish they would remake 2 with the unit diversity of three, that would be cool.
IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
I play AOE2 on my windows 7. Not sure why it wouldn't work for you. Did you download the latest patch? I believe the patch is called (corrected mistake) AOC 1.0e.

Edit: I have the gold edition. Does that matter?
Quote by Kensai
I'm no fancy doctor, but it sounds like you've got the clap.
Last edited by hushie_619 at Feb 13, 2012,
Quote by hushie_619
I play AOE2 on my windows 7. Not sure why it wouldn't work for you. Did you download the latest patch? I believe the patch is called (corrected mistake) AOC 1.0e.

Edit: I have the gold edition. Does that matter?

Oh did they patch it? Are the features of gold the same as aoe 2 (maybe also with the conq expansion)?
“being in a room and sitting there with a ghost, hearing their voice in your head and seeing them as clearly as I'm seeing you right now.”
Are the features of gold the same as aoe 2 (maybe also with the conq expansion)?

thanks for your suggestion !

I'm pretty sure that the Gold edition is just a package deal of the original and the expansion. The patches they released are for the expansion. Just google it and I'm sure you'll find it.
Quote by Kensai
I'm no fancy doctor, but it sounds like you've got the clap.
Empire Earth I, II, IIV (I is the best, althoug havnt tried IIV)

Age Of Empires I works for me on windows 7
Quote by Owenlee55
Empire Earth I, II, IIV (I is the best, althoug havnt tried IIV)

Age Of Empires I works for me on windows 7

This sort of think usually doesn't bother me, but its III, not IIV. I mean come on thats like what, 2nd grade? I feel a bit like a prick now though. I'm sorry. I couldn't help myself.