Celebrities, Musicians, etc. whose personalities/behavior have turned you off

Page 1 of 2
Thread semi-inspired from when I was listening to sports radio, and one of the hosts was saying how athletes behavior off the field can sometimes change his opinion to where he just doesn't want to support them. He named Michael Vick, saying "yeah he's done his time and everything, but the fact that that still happened still bothers me. I can't support the guy."

Are there any celebrities or musicians where it's like; Some of the stuff they do is good, but either there personalities or off-stage behavior just bothers you from really becoming a fan?

For some reason I'm totally blanking on musicians right now. I feel like there's someone I should name, but can't think of it right now. I'm still a gigantic Beatles fan, but I was pretty let down by some of the stuff I've heard about John Lennon as a father and husband. And I've never really listened to Michael Jackson, partially because of the whole child molestation scandals. I'm not saying all the accusations are true, but the fact that he's had to deal with child molestation accusations still just would keep bothering me.

For celebrities, I just cannot like anything with Alec Baldwin. I'd probably watch 30 Rock if it weren't for him. Something about him is just so disgustingly arrogant and narcissistic.
That's why he's so good at playing Jack Donaghy. Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure no one on that show is actually acting.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Viola Davis. Brilliant actress. Seems like such a bitch off camera.
I don't generally get turned off the work any asshole has done. Kanye West as a person is such a jerk, but I still love some of his albums. I am generally able to separate the artist from their work very well. I only brought up Viola Davis because I wish for her not to win now just after hearing how cold she can be and how blatantly pissed and sour she got when Meryl won instead with both the BAFTA and the Golden Globe.
Tiger Woods?

But honestly, musicians are musicians, not priests. I don't think anyone's opinion of their music should be influenced by their actions, personalities, or anything other than their music, really.
جورجيا الاباحى؟ أيها
Gary Glitter?
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Coltrane

The apple always falls close to the tree, but the tree always falls on the power lines.
Question mark -> ?
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Coltrane

The apple always falls close to the tree, but the tree always falls on the power lines.
Mel Gibson would be one i would say his actions recently (last 8 years or so) make me dislike his catalog of work. for musicians the metallica / napster thing had me not caring for them too much but that has passed for the most part.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
AXL Rose...

Leonardio DiCaprio
Nicholas Cage

All the boys from Hollywood Undead, other punk/metal/rap/ scene bands like that.

Dave Mustaine due to his wackyness

and Dave Grohl..don't like his...choice of things to support..and I think foo fighters is lame..but I do respect him for standing up to glee and speaking out against other stupid things...
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Quote by Talk Box
But honestly, musicians are musicians, not priests. I don't think anyone's opinion of their music should be influenced by their actions, personalities, or anything other than their music, really.

Yeah, we should all ignore the context through which music is being made lest it bothers us. That'll definitely elevate our appreciation and understanding of art.
You cray. Baldwin's great on 30 Rock.

I can't think of anyone that I've turned against for what they've done, come to think of it.
Quote by Controlpanel

Nicholas Cage

You thought his work was worth liking to begin with?

Apart from Adaptation. and Leaving Las Vegas, the guy's horrendous. He'll have a generally good performance in most of his films until he explodes like a hyena getting raped by Treebeard. It fit in Leaving Las Vegas somehow, and he doesn't do that in Adaptation.. Every other film of his I can't take seriously because of his retarded outbursts.
Gene Simmons.

And most recently, Duff Mckagan from the article where he rebukes fans over SOPA/PIPA. This one hit hard because Duff's bass playing was the first musical style I strove to emulate.
Quote by due 07
Yeah, we should all ignore the context through which music is being made lest it bothers us. That'll definitely elevate our appreciation and understanding of art.

You're too easy.
جورجيا الاباحى؟ أيها
Quote by blake1221
You cray. Baldwin's great on 30 Rock.
I'm sure he's good, but I just can't put up with even watching him.
Yes. John Lennon was a horrible man , and the rest of the beatles were pretty shit people from how they treated their first drummer. They were all a bunch of pricks and that makes me dislike their already dislikeable music even more.

But above all else it ruined 'imagine' , unless it's Neil Young playing it, his version is the only one that is sincere and honest.

For instance, the fact that some musicians i'm into seem like genuinely nice people makes the emotional relation to the music seem more powerful. Like Leonard Cohen for instance, a lot of his songs in the 70s were when he was in turmoil and misery about his relationships going wrong and it's reflected in his lyrics. That wouldn't be any good if it turned out he was some wife beater, such as John Lennon was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNvRyzUPm-Y

for instance .___.
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Feb 13, 2012,
buckethead, i just can't listen to his music knowing that he used the character thing as means for standing out.
Quote by due 07
Y'r mom's too easy, hurr hurr.

So you can ignore her b!tch personality long enough to bang her? Did that elevate your pleasure?
جورجيا الاباحى؟ أيها
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Gary Glitter?

10/10
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Fact is nobody has ever proven smoking to cause cancer.
Quote by Talk Box
So you can ignore her b!tch personality long enough to bang her? Did that elevate your pleasure?

Bitch isn't censored. Lrn2internet, bro.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
You thought his work was worth liking to begin with?

Apart from Adaptation. and Leaving Las Vegas, the guy's horrendous. He'll have a generally good performance in most of his films until he explodes like a hyena getting raped by Treebeard. It fit in Leaving Las Vegas somehow, and he doesn't do that in Adaptation.. Every other film of his I can't take seriously because of his retarded outbursts.

No, I just misread the op..i never liked him in the first place...
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Jon Schaffer of Iced Earth. Biggest ego in the music industry. I liked their music despite his ego until he fired Tim "Ripper" Owens via email right before Christmas. EMAIL! FUCK YOU SCHAFFER, you pompous fuck.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Last edited by darkstar2466 at Feb 13, 2012,
Quote by due 07
Bitch isn't censored. Lrn2internet, bro.

She's my mom, bro.

Can't call her a bit€h
جورجيا الاباحى؟ أيها
Miles Davis, pretty self absorved and arrogant but phenomenal musician.

i listen to his stuff though
Last edited by silver_haze at Feb 13, 2012,
I seriously loathe Sean Penn... I have no idea why though.. Every time I see his face on TV vomit comes through my eyes..

And Christian Bale, very good actor but an asshole..
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Kanye West and Chris Brown both come to mind. I think they're both talented in their own right, and I like a lot of Kanye's music but couldn't stand to be in the same room with either of them.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry

until he explodes like a hyena getting raped by Treebeard.

You, sir, are a champion.
Quote by stealstrings

C:
Quote by Controlpanel
No, I just misread the op..i never liked him in the first place...

Ah ok. Makes sense then.

Quote by InstantMustache
You, sir, are a champion.

Adding this to my resume
Last edited by Pagan_Poetry at Feb 13, 2012,
Steven Wilson is my favorite musician but his whole elitist audiophile thing is dumb.
sunbather is shit
Quote by beefcake122
Steven Wilson is my favorite musician but his whole elitist audiophile thing is dumb.

yeah i agree, i facepalmed when i saw that video of him smashing ipods... doesn't make me like him any less though, in absentia and insurgentes are still two of the greatest albums ever made.
Last edited by korinaflyingv at Feb 13, 2012,
Axel Rose, Jene Simmons, Lou Reed

Leaving their respective bands/music aside they are just pathetic individuals
My guitar teacher used to be my biggest muse, but he has a habit for breaking people down. He usually picked on me. Now I have no time for him
Quote by Talk Box
Tiger Woods?

Nah, I'm still in support of Tiger. Maybe because I'm biased for liking golf (probably one of the few in the pit who likes golf) but still, he's a great athlete and it wasn't like he killed someone or anything. He just made a bad choice by getting married.
Megan Fox - Too trashy

Sammy Hagar - I've never listened to his music but it seems like something I wouldn't like anyway. From the impression I get, he seems to be high in his ego.
Quote by rickyj
buckethead, i just can't listen to his music knowing that he used the character thing as means for standing out.

please tell me you arent being serious
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
please tell me you arent being serious

Dude... I know. I seriously groaned at that. His new album is so sick. Electric Sea. Check it out man. Buckethead is a phenomenal guitarist. So much heart and soul in his music. If you don't think so, check out Angel Monster. That man puts his entire being into his songs.
Gear:
PRS Tremonti
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper 1000
Fender Telecaster
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Goth SG
Randall RD200
Line 6 Spider IV 150
Corey Taylor and Shawn Crahan. They seem to be a bit too in love with themselves.
Quote by Ville Valo
Hurting Linde is like hurting Bambi. You just can't do it.

You should click on those, I think.

I like My Little Pony. Come at me, bro.
Page 1 of 2