Hi, I just bought a used Zilla cab used about a week ago and Im I'm trying to install an Eminence Swamp thang and a Governor inside but the old holes made in the cab don't align with the speaker holes , (also there's only 4 holes in the cab and 8 on the eminence) , does that mean I need to drill new ones?? if so , how do I cover up the old holes so I don't loose sound quality???
Oh and also ,hope im not going off topic but is it normal for the eminence governor speaker to have a bit of glue on the front?
Thanks.
Last edited by musicanywhere at Feb 13, 2012,
there's 8 holes in the cab and they don't line up at all with any of the holes in the speaker? I would double check by sliding the speaker all the way round to see if the holes line up, if not just drill 3 new ones using one existing hole as a guide, you probably don't need to fill the holes as drill holes will have an extremely minimal effect on sound quality and if anything anything you could put in a hole that size would damage sound quality rather than improve it, but again we're talking tiny tiny changes you would need a very good ear to hear.
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb