Hey Guys! Here's the story! Ive got a Peavey Triple X for band practice and I love using it because it sounds amazing.

Now my problem is. My band practice is not at my house and I drive a mustang so I can't haul my amp back and forth. I'm looking for a practice amp at home, that is tube, has a good amount of gain, as well as clean, but can stay quiet. I'd also like it to have the ability to play over drums. And I don't mean like total jam session, I just mean The White Stripes style. Guitar+Drums. (Maybe a bass)

Anyone got a suggestion?

And No I do not mean I will be playing white stripe style music or toned songs. If anything it'd be heavy metal, to post-hardcore, hardcore, alternative, to rock, to blues to jazz. Everything. Any advice is appreciated!
Budget?

Mesa Mini Rectifier or Jet City JCA22, or if you're interested in custom, the Baron Snott Watt.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
...The videos they have are god awful.

Or at least the first one is.

The break up just sounds like fuzz.

Second video not as bad. But the first video was god awful, and even the second video didn't get too chunky. If I ACTUALLY got to hear this amp go chunky, I'd immediately be sold.
Last edited by SGlover69 at Feb 13, 2012,
Quote by SGlover69
...The videos they have are god awful.

Or at least the first one is.

The break up just sounds like fuzz.

Second video not as bad. But the first video was god awful, and even the second video didn't get too chunky. If I ACTUALLY got to hear this amp go chunky, I'd immediately be sold.
Don't know what you are expecting from an amp like that. It's a low wattage tube amp, that is more likened to a Vox AC15 or Marshall 18 watter than a Peavey 5150 or something.
...I never said 10 watt. lol Infact I never specified wattage, you guys assumed it.

Obviously you can't get the kind of gain a 5150 can from a 10 watt amp. Hence why I said I wanted an amp that wasn't so small, but wasn't as large.

Ya feel me?
Line 6 Spider Tube. Really versatile and gets to the BROOTZ!!
Jet City JCA2112 would be good.
Quote by SGlover69
...I never said 10 watt. lol Infact I never specified wattage, you guys assumed it.

Obviously you can't get the kind of gain a 5150 can from a 10 watt amp. Hence why I said I wanted an amp that wasn't so small, but wasn't as large.

Ya feel me?

I think you'll find that you can,

More wattage doesn't equal more gain, if anything you will get a better more saturated metal tone from a lower wattage heavily driven valve amp, a Blackstar HT-1 with its volume and gain cranked sounds better then a 50Watt Series One at a similar volume, ie: bedroom/jamming volume

That is why we are recommending 10Watt amps
Why not get a 2x12 cab for your house and take your head back and forth? (unless you have a Triple XXX combo, that is...)
Hagstrom Swede w/Bare Knuckle Black Dogs
Peavey JSX
Avatar Contemporary 2x12 (Celestion V30/G12K100)
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Dunlop DVP1 Volume
JHS Sweet Tea
TC Electronic Corona Chorus
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
Digitech Hardwire RV-7 Reverb
I've heard good stuff from all Blackstar amps and they have a HT5 series (head + cab / combo) versions of it. You should at least take a look at them: http://www.blackstaramps.co.uk/products/ht-5/

Personally I use a small Line6 Spider at home. It's not a tube amp and the sound is not perfect but it was cheap and can handle my home needs.
From trying practice amps recently myself i recommend the blackstar ht-5r or if you want something a little louder get the ministack version.