Page 1 of 2
i remember these from elementary school

good times.
A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence
Those new images aren't half as good.

The originals are genuinely disturbing, and awesome for it. The new ones are tame.

icwutudidthar
Last edited by blake1221 at Feb 13, 2012,
God, you have no idea how many nights I was afraid to fall asleep as a kid just because I read some of those books.

The stories weren't even scary. The pictures terrorized me.

I swear I saw that page for a split second before closing it. Good thing I can't remember most of what I saw.
You're right, staying up all night as a kid because you're too afraid to go to sleep is good for you!
Quote by jetfuel495
I am so glad I keep images turned off by default.

Joke's on you!

Well, it's a link anyways, because the image is massive.

Click it later though, it's pretty awesome.
Quote by blake1221
Well, it's a link anyways, because the image is massive.

Click it later though, it's pretty awesome.
Yeah, maybe when it's bright outside.

The one that scared me the most was the one about the big ugly girl. Or something. I don't know why but it just scared the shit out of me. I swear it's been burned into my retinas.

I can see it now ;___;
Quote by The_Casinator
You're right, staying up all night as a kid because you're too afraid to go to sleep is good for you!

You a pussy
Quote by jetfuel495

The one that scared me the most was the one about the big ugly girl. Or something. I don't know why but it just scared the shit out of me. I swear it's been burned into my retinas.

I can see it now ;___;

(Invalid img)
Quote by jetfuel495

I can see it now ;___;

I know which one you're talking about.... I use to imagine her hiding in my closet or below my bed, and that she'd come out any second. I wonder if that was where my sleeping problems originated

edit: GGAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH^
Yea that's right, I want something to explode

I've been deaf, now I want noise

LOUD LOVE
It's a man.

The story is titled "The Pale Man".

I liked the story.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
I've never heard of these, but in the article, are the images to the right the ones that will be replacing the ones on the left?
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Quote by Stugg334
I've never heard of these, but in the article, are the images to the right the ones that will be replacing the ones on the left?

yes indeed

Quote by CrossBack7
Quote by Momentosis
yes indeed

Just checkin
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass
I heard about this a few weeks ago from a friend of mine. It's pretty ridiculous. Part of the reason I liked those books as a kid was the freaky artwork. Now it's just lame.
Quote by blake1221
(Invalid img)

That was the one image that will haunt me to the end of my days.
Quote by caeser1156
Your dick could still have a chick even if that chick had a dick
I remember the story with the girl that had a spider lay an egg in her cheek.
It was my favourite and I never thought about spider the same again.
What bullshit.
That artwork was the scariest thing in the books by far.
Y u gotta mess with something like that?

That's like making Clifford the Big Red Dog a Pomeranian just because kids would think it's cuter.
The new artwork reeks of vaginitis. Those are some of the pussiest "scary" pictures I have ever seen. Might as well draw smiley faces on em.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Now that's some ****ing bullshit. The art work made this short story horror book what it is today.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
This one scared me the most.

Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all

Quote by CrossBack7
this is terrible. those images were so cool and interesting when i was a child. i hated reading but those pictures helped draw me to books. and seeing them today is a reminder of the special place those books and illustrations have in my memory. only an adult could be sick enough to think those pictures are too much for kids.
I once hit a man in Dearborn. Michigan. A hit and run. I hit him and just kept on goin. I don't know if he's alive or dead. But I'm sorry. Not a day goes by i don't see his face.
I'm glad I never read this as a child. All my good childhood memories would have been replaced with memories of me uncontrollably shitting myself.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Even though it's just a wheel-chair, this is a dedication page.

There's just something so eerily haunting and a bit sad about it.

Quote by CrossBack7
Page 1 of 2