I've searched a lot in my city for a speaker cable to connect an amp head to cab. No luck. I need one by tomorrow. So, is there any way for me to make one by myself? Familiar with soldering. What kind of jacks, cables do I need? And how do I go about wiring them?
If you are using standard 1/4" plugs then regular guitar plugs are fine. I prefer switchcraft myself. I'd use a heavy gauge unshielded speaker wire to go with them. Normally I use something like Mogami or Dayton 12 AWG but a lighter gauge may be fine depending on how much wattage you are planning on running though it. Definitely do NOT use instrument cable. I'll burn up under a power load like that.
What cable do I use to connect the speaker in the cab to the input jack of the cab?
That's just speaker wire. I think I used 18 AWG when I did mine.

BTW for your speaker cable from the cab to the head you can use a bit of mains cable cut off of an old appliance if you have some. Just solder your plugs on the ends.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Okay..the cable's done. The speaker wire is pretty thin though. Its the only one the guy at the store had. Could that be a problem?
Shouldn't be if its a short run... But how thin is thin?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
For short cab runs I sometimes use that zipwire they sell for home audio. You can also go to any car audio shop and grab some 12 gauge, but you shouldn't need that thick for such a short run.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by dax96
I've searched a lot in my city for a speaker cable to connect an amp head to cab. No luck. I need one by tomorrow. So, is there any way for me to make one by myself? Familiar with soldering. What kind of jacks, cables do I need? And how do I go about wiring them?

You the guy from DAV who bought a JCA22?
I make all my speaker cables out of mains extension cables. They are 10 amp twisted pair (you just cut off the third wire.) Solder on two 1/4" phono jacks and I'm set to go. I use them for everything, both guitar and PA speaker cables. They are tough and can even handle being stomped on. It's the cheapest way to get quality twisted pair copper. Some of my PA cables are over 20 years old and still as good as the day I made them.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification