Just got a new 8 string (ltd-308)
I have a peavey 6505, boss ge-7, Digitech bad monkey, Phase shifter, and a metal zone mt2
Any set up ideas?
Guitar -> Bad Monkey -> 6505.
Roll back gain on the amp, moar mids, boost with bad monkey at max vol. and no gain.
That's one idea

Other than that...plug it in...turn knobs and play around with it until you find your sound.
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
Guitar > Bad Monkey > Phase shifter > 6505

Tweak the knobs until it sounds sweet !

Don't even think about using the metal zone with a 6505, please !
- - - - - - - - - - -
Quote by Good_Lord

Do this, though you may find you like the phase shifter before the bad monkey, I do, but that is down to what you are trying to accomplish. Throw the EQ in the loop, if you are a lead player, or need lots of single note clarity, I recommend boosting 3.2K slider. This will give you a clearer tone that cuts through the mix. The 6.4k is the "fizz" slider as I like to call it. It gives you that kind of upper end saturation that you hear on Gun's and Roses recordings. I don't like that but some people do. 800 is also important, I would boost that, but be careful, overdoing it can sound pretty bad, but that goes for any of the sliders. Other than that, I would just play around with the eq, move each slider all the way up and down, get a good idea of what the frequency sounds like. Good luck!
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by Good_Lord

I havn't gone near that pedal since i got my 6505, plus the distortion just sounds way to thrashy and has no mids. i just put nit up there to see if anyone had any interesting ideas with it :P