So I just came across the Jet City JCA20H while doing some light browsing for some inexpensive amp options. I must say, the price tag plus the reviews and clips I've heard during a youtube search have really piqued my interest. However, I can't find the answers to a few questions I have about the amp, so I thought I'd get the down-low on this little guy from my fellow UG'ers because unfortunately no stores around me carry Jet City (to my knowledge at least, unless someone got them in recently), so this would be an online purchase.

First off, the deal-maker/breaker, would this be loud enough to play a gig at a smaller venue without being mic'd? I'm assuming it would, but thought I'd ask to see if someone has some experience with it in a similar situation. Also, I don't need a "pristine" clean sound, so I'd do completely fine with the "dirty" clean sound it would offer at gig-volume. I currently use a single-channel set-up anyway, so I'd be using it with a light crunch tone as the base tone and use an OD to boost to a dirtier tone, or rolling off volume on my guitar (or back off via a soon-to-be-utilized volume pedal) to clean things up if need arises.

Second, what's the quality like? As a previous owner of two early Bugeras that shat out on me right before gigs (backups are key, folks!), I don't want to drop cash on an amp that's known for being unreliable. I haven't seen anything during some brief research that leads me to believe the Jet City is unreliable, but it never hurts to check.

And lastly, I'd appreciate any other opinions you might have on the amp.

Thanks!
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
They are pretty awesome amps. I think that if you crank them they should be able to gig ith hem over a drummer. I've never heard of them breaking down before so they seem quite reliable too. The only thing is, the stock Chinese made tubes aren't the greatest.
i believe this amp has the clean and crunch channels, wheras the JCA22H has the clean and "SLO" channels. (possibly) food for thought
Quote by MrChief
tbh i wanted to watch 2 girls one cup , and the website i clicked on was totally corrupt.

and the video was sick.

Current gear:
Slash Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Hiwatt G50R
BOSS ME-50
Quote by gregs1020

This picture answers my questions completely!
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Quote by awesome-o
i believe this amp has the clean and crunch channels, wheras the JCA22H has the clean and "SLO" channels. (possibly) food for thought

the JCA20H is single channel and it's not very gainy.

That said, I like mine.
I would never consider trying to play an unmic'd gig with a 20W amp. No way no how.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by pinheadslts75
the JCA20H is single channel and it's not very gainy.

That said, I like mine.

Good. Gain-wise, I won't be using a whole lot on the amp. It'll be dialed in to a light crunch sort of tone that I can clean up a bit with my volume knob (or pedal). I'll boost it when I need more gain.

I would never consider trying to play an unmic'd gig with a 20W amp. No way no how.

After doing a bit more research, I don't think it would be much of a problem, especially through a 4x12. I've been reading multiple comments about how it's a "loud" 20 watts. Plus, I'm mic'd at most of the gigs I play anyway. I'd venture to say at least 80% of them if not more. Worst case scenario if I find it's not quite what I need unmic'd, I 'll use my current amp (Legend Rock N Roll 50) or my other guitarist's back up amp (Randall V series).

I'm getting my taxes filed this week, so if I'm getting back as much as I think I should, I'm probably going to be buying a JCA20H very soon. Perhaps even sooner if my girlfriend will splurge on it for me and allow me to pay her back from my tax return.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Quote by sjones
Good. Gain-wise, I won't be using a whole lot on the amp. It'll be dialed in to a light crunch sort of tone that I can clean up a bit with my volume knob (or pedal). I'll boost it when I need more gain.

After doing a bit more research, I don't think it would be much of a problem, especially through a 4x12. I've been reading multiple comments about how it's a "loud" 20 watts. Plus, I'm mic'd at most of the gigs I play anyway. I'd venture to say at least 80% of them if not more. Worst case scenario if I find it's not quite what I need unmic'd, I 'll use my current amp (Legend Rock N Roll 50) or my other guitarist's back up amp (Randall V series).

I'm getting my taxes filed this week, so if I'm getting back as much as I think I should, I'm probably going to be buying a JCA20H very soon. Perhaps even sooner if my girlfriend will splurge on it for me and allow me to pay her back from my tax return.

I used mine through a 412 and I loved the sound. I got a nice thick crunch out of it, as well as some pretty good cleans. Its not a bad pick at all, but like anything else, make sure it fits your needs.
It's pretty loud and has a really good 80's rock/metal tone IMO.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Gets a tits old-school metal sound. Boost can bring it in to modern territory. Seen them used by two local bands on stage, both mic'd. Sound guy at one show always checks bands sound without the PA to start with, amp held up well.
The clean sounds are nothing to write home about, but if that's not a major issue for you, then it's a great amp. It excels in the crunchy classic rock to 80's metal kind of tones. It's easily loud enough to be heard over the drummer in rehearsals, but I'd still mic it in a gig situation just so you can get a good mix and spread the sound to the audience.

It's probably the best amp in its price range, if not for versatility then for sound quality.