Just wondering on what peoples thoughts on finance and guitars are!

I'd like a Gibson SG or Les Paul but don't have a grand.

£30 a month for 2 years doesn't sound too bad considering that's the cost of an average phone contact.

So?
Practice air guitar. Doesn't cost a dime, doesn't hurt your fingers and you get really good at it fast.
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by moominman2
Just wondering on what peoples thoughts on finance and guitars are!

I'd like a Gibson SG or Les Paul but don't have a grand.

£30 a month for 2 years doesn't sound too bad considering that's the cost of an average phone contact.

So?

Provided that you don't do anything to the guitar to void the warrantee before the financing contract is up, (Which means getting a guitar tech to do some basic maintenance should a wire go rogue or something like that) sure.

If you're immediately going to take the guitar and change out the pickups, drill holes in it, mod the wiring... Wait till you can buy it outright.
If your under 18, you have no income so to speak, you wont get any finance granted and over 2 years the interest will be pretty painful.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Last edited by Tom 1.0 at Feb 13, 2012,
Cheers guys.

I'm 19 and took out finance over a year for a bed. Exciting I know! I pay for y phone contract and I work part time.

I have a good credit score apparently.

I'm not after modding it

Edit: it's interest free from andertones for 24months
Last edited by moominman2 at Feb 13, 2012,
I do it all the time! Most of the time they let you return it if you don't like it. I try to pay it off with in a year so I could get more equipment =)!
if its the "take it away" scheme which I think Andertons use, like we do, its only the 9 months that is interest free, all the other periods of time have a set interest rate against them.

if you can afford it go for it, if not save up and go 2nd hand.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
if its the "take it away" scheme which I think Andertons use, like we do, its only the 9 months that is interest free, all the other periods of time have a set interest rate against them.

if you can afford it go for it, if not save up and go 2nd hand.

I got my custom shop Warwick on Take it Away. Paid a grand upfront though.

Saying that, what basses do yous do?
Cool, not seen that scheme before.

If its viable, go for it mate

Quote by Deliriumbassist
I got my custom shop Warwick on Take it Away. Paid a grand upfront though.

Saying that, what basses do yous do?

whatever you want.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Buy yourself a tasty treat.
Start eating tasty treat.
Whilst eating tasty treat, contemplate your situation.
Finish tasty treat.
Go get a guitar.
Deffo go for it.

A new guitar today that would take you two years to save up for. Just make sure you can make the payments or you'll end up in the shit
Quote by CoreysMonster
What you really should finance is a new amp.

Why? I love my sound city. Prefer it over my old: rocker 30, Marshall class 5 and my laney aor.

Will be getting a cornford roadhouse this year due to portability at some stage though.
Financing is completely worth it . . . I have bought all 3 of my electrics, and a drum set that way
Quote by neidnarb11890
Image is about having hot licks & rock star swag, not fancy amps.

Quote by garden of grey
That's what the Illuminati wants you to think, man
Quote by moominman2
Why? I love my sound city. Prefer it over my old: rocker 30, Marshall class 5 and my laney aor.

Will be getting a cornford roadhouse this year due to portability at some stage though.

You must be new here

(it's just a forum joke bro)
Quote by CoreysMonster
You must be new here

(it's just a forum joke bro)

Ohhhh because everyone suggests an amp over guitar first! Haha. Jokes over the Internet aren't always easy to spot :p

Im most definitely going to finance a new guitar. After I've paid for a holiday though it's a hard life