hello i have an emg alx in the bridge position of my rr5 but im looking for a different neck pup that will compliment the emg. i was thinking of going dual emg alx's but also considering other emgs like the 60, 60a ect... the pup in my Jackson is the stock pup. im pretty sure the emg alx would be considered active or that is at least how i use it. anyway thanks for the future replies. will be gone soon and will check back later.
i have seen some with the same in both positions, i think some have like dual 81s or something. u will want a 85 in the neck i believe. my guitars have passives but i think most active have the 81/85 combo.
I tend not to like 85's in the neck unless the guitar is super bright sounding. Most of the time, 60's are better imo.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by Dunkelheit-164
Try the alx in both positions. I never saw anyone do it.
I'm curious

it shall be done
I tend to use dual EMGs in guitars. I've got one with dual 81s and another with dual 85s. I wouldn't use a 60 or 60A in the bridge, but any of the others go well in both positions given body wood consideration.
Quote by Fenderexpx50
I tend to use dual EMGs in guitars. I've got one with dual 81s and another with dual 85s. I wouldn't use a 60 or 60A in the bridge, but any of the others go well in both positions given body wood consideration.

the idea of dual emg alx's seems cool to me. if anything i can alter freq switchs to get the "best" neck pup sound