I was just messing around with a few things and I came out with this. The more I made, the more 80s it became!! I'm going to get some vocals on it once I've shaken off this cold (Man Flu!) but for now I was just wondering about the Mix?

I'm having a bit of trouble with getting the Bass to sit well, any input on that or anything else would be appreciated!

C4C as always!!!

http://soundcloud.com/mike-sheppard90/bounce-130212

Mike
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
Really like the feel overall, I would maybe thicken the bass a bit more, add some more low end and fill it out and maybe add something a bit different in the middle to break it up a bit. Has a real upliting feel, very nice would love to hear with vocals .
You gonna bark all day little doggie?
I dig the sound your going for, I actually think we have a sort of similar sound. As for critique, I think for maybe the length that it is It could have had a break down or something, Im not saying its gotta be like a metal breakdown, but just another part to it, to do that just think "what note would sound right after this, where else could I take this that would follow the song" thats what I do. Can you critique some of mine? http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Dhclark92/
I thought it was good. The guitar tone was perfect for it. It could use a light synth throughout though to add a bit of layer. Im thinking a warm synth following the chord, and a few leads thrown in tastefully could help a lot. Plus the vocals, they would help bring the song to life. Overall, it was very chill and I liked the mood. The fadeout part at the end was odd, did you plan on having vocals over that as the music fades then comes back? Either way, I think the first fade was a good enough ending. Lastly, I agree about thickening the bass, might want to get a good vst, I dont know.

If you have the time, could you listen to this? Its probably not your style, but meh
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1519161
Thanks for the input!

The bass - I did think that my EQ on it was a little OTT but I think the problem is that both of my Monitors are in corners of the room, so I think I'm getting some added bass due to that. It's quite difficult to counteract this though, knowing how far the other way to go!

The breakdown - Yeah I think this is a nice idea actually, I was trying to keep the song nice and flowing but now that you've said it, I think it would be a good addition to build up to the final chorus.

I like the idea of adding a synth Mr Mustard, I'll definitely have a go at that, see how it sounds.
About the fade out section, maybe I've been listening to too much of The Smiths, but I quite like it where it fades away and comes back, I was kinda referencing 'That joke isn't funny anymore' with that one. I guess I'll remove it though if everyone thinks it sucks

Your overall opinions seem quite good though I'll get onto critting your stuff post-haste!

Thanks again,
Mike
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.