Page 1 of 2
Is it common for an HDMI cable, specifically a Microsoft XBOX 360 high speed HDMI cable, to occasionally flash a bright green on the TV? Just curious because I bought mine brand new for 40 bucks. It's not all the time, just here and there, maybe 2 or 3 times the most while playing for a few hours.

I'm sure I'll be recommended a much more expensive cable like Monster or whatever, but I had to blow another 50 bucks on MW3 because my girlfriend lifted up the XBOX while the game was running. But a Microsoft cable should be just fine, anyway.
ESP Eclipse II SW - D'Addario 11-49 Eb
LTD F-400FM - Ernie Ball 12-56 C#
Ibanez Iceman 300
Peavey Transtube 112 EFX
Quote by TH3M B0N3Z
Is it common for an HDMI cable, specifically a Microsoft XBOX 360 high speed HDMI cable, to occasionally flash a bright green on the TV? Just curious because I bought mine brand new for 40 bucks. It's not all the time, just here and there, maybe 2 or 3 times the most while playing for a few hours.

I'm sure I'll be recommended a much more expensive cable like Monster or whatever, but I had to blow another 50 bucks on MW3 because my girlfriend lifted up the XBOX while the game was running. But a Microsoft cable should be just fine, anyway.

I'm not great with technical shenanigans like HDMI cables, but the bolded part, why the confused face? It's obvious that if you lift a console up while the disc is in you're going to damage the disc.
Toe bone connected to the foot bone
Foot bone connected to the leg bone
Leg bone connected to the knee bone...

Dem bones, dem bones, dem dry bones.
Now hear the word of the Lord.
Quote by TH3M B0N3Z
I had to blow another 50 bucks on MW3 because my girlfriend lifted up the XBOX while the game was running.

Your GF is a fucking idiot.

Also, sounds like you bought a dodgy cable.

You fucking idiot.
Quote by AdamDK
I'm not great with technical shenanigans like HDMI cables, but the bolded part, why the confused face? It's obvious that if you lift a console up while the disc is in you're going to damage the disc.

My confused face was more like, "Why the hell would she do that?" lol. I was a little unhappy about that.
Ibanez Iceman 300
Peavey Transtube 112 EFX
Quote by TH3M B0N3Z
My confused face was more like, "Why the hell would she do that?" lol. I was a little unhappy about that.

Ah right haha fair enough. I'd be pretty ticked off as well if someone did that to me.
Quote by PaulyVengeance

You fucking idiot.

I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by PaulyVengeance

You fucking idiot.

She had no idea my game was on. But it's not your place to call her a ****in' idiot. And buying a dodgy cable is no fault of my own, anyway. That's what receipts are for. I imagine as someone as judgmental as you, you wouldn't think to save something as simple as a receipt. Concepts like that can be hard to comprehend for certain people.
Ibanez Iceman 300
Peavey Transtube 112 EFX
HDMI cables are all the same, they either work or they don't.

It's a digital signal, there are no 'fidelity' or 'clarity' issues, either the signal arrives in good order and you get a picture, or it doesn't and you don't.

Buying an expensive HDMI cable is like buying a gold plated commode, it might look cool and make you feel better, but it won't change the mechanics of the device in the slightest!
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by TH3M B0N3Z
She had no idea my game was on. But it's not your place to call her a ****in' idiot. And buying a dodgy cable is no fault of my own, anyway. That's what receipts are for. I imagine as someone as judgmental as you, you wouldn't think to save something as simple as a receipt. Concepts like that can be hard to comprehend for certain people.

I'll call anyone a fucking idiot if I so please.

Also, I save all my receipts for a minimum of 3 months, just in case anything goes wrong, so stick that in your ass and smoke it.

You fucking idiot.
There are 5 HDMI cables involved in my tv setup, and I've never seen this happen.

And never buy expensive HDMI cables. The only difference HDMI cables can really have is how easily the break. The signal your tv recieves will be exactly the same from a 10$ HDMI cable as from a 200$ cable. And I've never spent more than 25$ on an HDMI cable, and I've never had problems with any of them.
Quote by PaulyVengeance
I'll call anyone a fucking idiot if I so please.

Also, I save all my receipts for a minimum of 3 months, just in case anything goes wrong, so stick that in your ass and smoke it.

You fucking idiot.

Eh, you're just saying that so you can try to outsmart me over the internet.

You ****ing idiot.
Ibanez Iceman 300
Peavey Transtube 112 EFX
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
There are 5 HDMI cables involved in my tv setup, and I've never seen this happen.

And never buy expensive HDMI cables. The only difference HDMI cables can really have is how easily the break. The signal your tv recieves will be exactly the same from a 10$ HDMI cable as from a 200$ cable. And I've never spent more than 25$ on an HDMI cable, and I've never had problems with any of them.

I did have a $13 HDMI cable that had sound for about 10 minutes and then the sound went away. Of course, the guy at Best Buy said price had to do with it probably, but I figured a cable made by Microsoft would be my best choice regardless of price. I wasn't going to buy the $70 Monster cable, lol.
Ibanez Iceman 300
Peavey Transtube 112 EFX
Quote by TH3M B0N3Z
Eh, you're just saying that so you can try to outsmart me over the internet.

You ****ing idiot.

Why would I try to outsmart you over the internet?

Believe me or don't, it doesn't matter a fuck to me. You do your thing, I do mine. If you're insulted by anything I say, I think you need to go away, think for a while and then come back when you learn that:

1: This is the internet.
2: Nothing that is said or done over the internet matters.
3: You're a fucking idiot.
Quote by TH3M B0N3Z
Is it common for an HDMI cable, specifically a Microsoft XBOX 360 high speed HDMI cable, to occasionally flash a bright green on the TV?
Are you playing BF3? That's a pretty common little bu-

I'm sure I'll be recommended a much more expensive cable like Monster or whatever, but I had to blow another 50 bucks on MW3 because my girlfriend lifted up the XBOX while the game was running.

(Invalid img)

Yesterday I ordered 2 6-ft HDMI cables and a DVI-HDMI adapter for a grand whopping total of thirteen bucks from Newegg. I suggest you do something similar.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

i got my HDMI cable for free sucka. that Gamestop Powerup Rewards program is the only rewards program that ever paid off for me.
I once bought an adapter to let me use the optical audio on my 360 that came with a 6ft HDMI cable. For 3$. It's only a month later, but it's still working fine.
Sounds like the video card is going out on your xbox.
Had the same thing happening to me 7 or 6 months ago
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
WeGotABadassOverHere.jpg

Man up people, you're saying that nothing over the internet matters- well spotted.
Stop arguing like it does then.
Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Joeseffel

Quote by smcstoronto1234

So very true...
Quote by WarriorArtist94
WeGotABadassOverHere.jpg

Man up people, you're saying that nothing over the internet matters- well spotted.

I actually answered the question instead of the other idiots. lol
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
I don't think it's the cable, i get my hdmi's for like 6 bucks and they work perfectly fine. The thing about HDMI is that it basically works or it doesn't, there's no gray area of lower or higher quality. High-priced HDMI cables are just a big scam and Best Buy should be ashamed of themselves.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by WarriorArtist94
WeGotABadassOverHere.jpg

I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by TH3M B0N3Z
Just curious because I bought mine brand new for 40 bucks. It's not all the time, just here and there, maybe 2 or 3 times the most while playing for a few hours.

I'm sure I'll be recommended a much more expensive cable like Monster or whatever,

AH HA HDMI is DIGITAL! Meaning if it works, it works, if it don't it don't, sure there is build quality to take into consideration but seriously you don't need "gold plated platinum pro" HDMI cables, you just need ones that work and are long enough.

Maybe go spend $10 on some cables from a well known brand but please don't spend $60-$150 on some HDMI cables.

*EDit*

Quote by TH3M B0N3Z
I did have a $13 HDMI cable that had sound for about 10 minutes and then the sound went away. Of course, the guy at Best Buy said price had to do with it probably, but I figured a cable made by Microsoft would be my best choice regardless of price. I wasn't going to buy the $70 Monster cable, lol.

Yeah Best Buy sold you a faulty cable then conned you into buying a way too expensive lead, that was also faulty.

I think your having some bad luck.
Last edited by Arnthor at Feb 13, 2012,
Quote by Kyleisthename
Sounds like the video card is going out on your xbox.
Had the same thing happening to me 7 or 6 months ago

Well, it hasn't done that ever. Only when I started using the HDMI cable. But, if something wacky is going on, I still have a little bit of warranty left through Best Buy, but that ends at the end of September this year. It'd be some bullshit if it breaks on me after the warranty. Game consoles aren't the same anymore.
Ibanez Iceman 300
Peavey Transtube 112 EFX
Quote by WarriorArtist94
WeGotABadassOverHere.jpg

They always find a way to contradict themselves... always. But they try so hard to turn it all around on me, you or whoever.
Ibanez Iceman 300
Peavey Transtube 112 EFX
Quote by Arnthor
AH HA HDMI is DIGITAL! Meaning if it works, it works, if it don't it don't, sure there is build quality to take into consideration but seriously you don't need "gold plated platinum pro" HDMI cables, you just need ones that work and are long enough.

Maybe go spend $10 on some cables from a well known brand but please don't spend $60-$150 on some HDMI cables.

*EDit*

Yeah Best Buy sold you a faulty cable then conned you into buying a way too expensive lead, that was also faulty.

I think your having some bad luck.

The cheap one was from Walmart, actually. I didn't clarify that. I think the one I have now is okay, it just has a green picture once in a while. If it gets worse, I'll take it back and start over. But so far, good picture and better sound. I think it makes me play a little better. It's like 20/20 vision.
Ibanez Iceman 300
Peavey Transtube 112 EFX
Quote by Capua47
why is everyone so mad up in here?!

You got me on that one. Everyone anymore is pissed off about something, so they use the internet to vent, I guess. I can't tell you how many times I've asked a simple question, mentioned a simple comment, here or anywhere, and have gotten such rude and demeaning replies. We've all heard the saying, "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all." Might be from our early years in school, but a lot of people on the internet need to learn just that. They always say that they'd say the same thing to our faces, but I highly doubt it, unless they have such absolute nerve and rudeness in them. Half the time, they're just talking shit. I'm guilty of it, too, but I normally throw it back at the people who have said something nasty about someone else or to me, not just some innocent bystander.
Ibanez Iceman 300
Peavey Transtube 112 EFX
Quote by TH3M B0N3Z
Is it common for an HDMI cable, specifically a Microsoft XBOX 360 high speed HDMI cable, to occasionally flash a bright green on the TV? Just curious because I bought mine brand new for 40 bucks.

You poor soul. They are all the same. I got one that came free with some POS TV stand and it works as well as a 60$ monster cable.
Quote by TH3M B0N3Z
I had to blow another 50 bucks on MW3

I used to like Modern Warfare. Then I took a reality to the face.

/opinion brah.
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
Quote by S0n1c '97
You poor soul. They are all the same. I got one that came free with some POS TV stand and it works as well as a 60$ monster cable.

I used to like Modern Warfare. Then I took a reality to the face.

/opinion brah.

I know I spent 40 bucks on a cable, but my 13 dollar one failed with the sound. So I figured something a little more expensive would be better. I'll just stick with what I've got, though.
Ibanez Iceman 300
Peavey Transtube 112 EFX
Quote by TH3M B0N3Z

I found your problem. Should have bought a PS3
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
I found your problem. Should have bought a PS3

My 360 I've had for 2 years has never given me a problem. My PS3 however, has given me regular problems, usually involving it detecting the HDMI, on a regular basis since the week I got it in July.
Quote by SteveHouse
Are you playing BF3? That's a pretty common little bu-

(Invalid img)

Yesterday I ordered 2 6-ft HDMI cables and a DVI-HDMI adapter for a grand whopping total of thirteen bucks from Newegg. I suggest you do something similar.

Is that BF3 exclusive then? It distracts me so badly
Is it connected correctly? Not loose or anything? Sounds dumb but sometimes that's all it is.

I bought the microsoft ones for the xbox 360 and have never had a problem with the picture. If it keeps up it might be the cables. If you exchange them and it keeps happening, it could be your t.v or xbox. Do you have anything else you can hook up with HDMI cables? that way you can figure out if it's the cables, t.v or brobox.
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
My 360 I've had for 2 years has never given me a problem. My PS3 however, has given me regular problems, usually involving it detecting the HDMI, on a regular basis since the week I got it in July.

Cool story. Thank you for trying to troll me.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Page 1 of 2