Poll: Should caffeine remain legal in athletic competition and for body builders?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should caffeine remain legal in athletic competition and for body builders?
Yes
16 33%
No
20 41%
Have never used it in this manner/have no opinion
13 27%
Voters: 49.
I'm curious to hear what the Pit thinks of this. I notice a definite improvement in any cardio workout whenever I take a portion of 5 hour energy immediately before starting. I'm pretty sure it's illegal in the Olympics but afaik it's perfectly legal in any other competition. Should it be?
Last edited by Shotgunmerc at Feb 13, 2012,
Hell no.

100 cups gives you bullet time.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Not enough to matter to me.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Feb 13, 2012,
no its just a piss enhancing drug
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
If you inject it right into your bloodstream yes.

Actually I've never had a boost from having caffeine. If I did, I wasn't aware of this anyways. I used to drink coffee and redbull a lot and it was just for the taste. Never felt energized afterwards.
I view it as a stimulant and that's as far as I care.
Use it as you will.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Energy shots are a joke. Also it's not a good idea to take an energy drink before you work out as it increases your heart-rate and can make you sick.
I use an excessive amount of caffeine when I'm in school. and I think it probably enhances my academic performance. I took a 5 hour energy about an hour ago though, and now I'm on the Pit... not doing my homework.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
If stimulants are against the rules in a sport then it should be, I guess. Personally, I don't give a shit.
I'm pretty much at the point where it's no longer preformance enhancing as much as it's needed for me to preform normally. Yeah, I'm addicted.
Only if you consider driving a sport.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by WaterGod
Energy shots are a joke. Also it's not a good idea to take an energy drink before you work out as it increases your heart-rate and can make you sick.

I've done research on that actually because people in my family were worried that I'd die of a heart-attack at a young age. In small amounts it can increase endurance and reduce soreness in a workout. It doesn't do much for weightlifting workouts but can do wonders for your cardio. I take it in small amounts (half a 5 hour energy) and have never directly had issues with sickness. I once had to stop a workout early but it was more because I was dehydrated than because I had taken caffeine.
If Caffeine could be a performance enhancing drug than video games could be considered a Impairing drug.
Which really means i have no real opinion on the matter just a really random realization
Life Sucks. Get over it.
Yes, I did not get below a 7 for exams in which I have had Coca Cola in the last seven years. So yes, it is performance enhancing.

But as I always have coca cola during exams, it may just be a correlation but no causation as there is no baseline. Both the cola and the grades can be explained by an underlying cause.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by RetroGunslinger
no its just a piss enhancing drug

For me it's more like a shit enducing drug. Seriously, every time I drink a cup, it doesn't take long before I'm in the crapper dropping chalupas.
No, it makes you're heart beat faster resulting in something shit, that I can't be arsed to read up upon. But it's not good at all... etc.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
I used to drink coffee and redbull a lot and it was just for the taste. Never felt energized afterwards.(Invalid img)
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
If you inject it right into your bloodstream yes.

Actually I've never had a boost from having caffeine. If I did, I wasn't aware of this anyways. I used to drink coffee and redbull a lot and it was just for the taste. Never felt energized afterwards.

Quote by kaiter
I used to drink coffee and redbull a lot and it was just for the taste. Never felt energized afterwards

People just don't have an innate tolerance to caffeine. You sound like the people who have one shot of booze and claim alcohol has no effect on them. And neither of those drinks taste that good, so if you're spending $4 on a small can of red bull for the taste I pity you greatly.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
The better question is, is Marijuana a performance enhancing drug? Ive never ran faster in my life after I smoked weed, ive never bench pressed more after an intake of weed, ive never had played better basketball after smoking. See where i'm going with this? All sports must ban the use of marijuana, its similar to steriods except its faster acting.
Only if you play MLG
Quote by Duce180
The better question is, is Marijuana a performance enhancing drug? Ive never ran faster in my life after I smoked weed, ive never bench pressed more after an intake of weed, ive never had played better basketball after smoking. See where i'm going with this? All sports must ban the use of marijuana, its similar to steriods except its faster acting.

"I perform better while high, therefore marijuana is steroids!"

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low