I live in chicago and regularly post on craigslist looking for musicians to jam with. Beginner/expert , I don't care , as long as you can play a few chords. I rarely get replies. And when I do, it seems people are enthusiastic about meeting the first time. But then they back out of that, and never even reply to my emails asking to meetup again.

Can someone help me understand what is going on? Do these poeple find something offensive about me? Or do they just find it hard to justify the $5 bus fare to get to my place ( I offer to come to their place also ).
Maybe non of them have met up with people before off the internet so are a little bit wary about meeting with them to jam. What did you write in your ad?
Come to Detroit. I'll jam with ya.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Craigslist is a sketchy place to post on, and I personally can't ever see myself feeling so desperate to jam with someone that I'd go there.

As for the people that follow through with you and then later go away, you're probably a really annoying person in person.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
This is the wording of my ad:

Guitarist/drummer looking to jam - Beginners welcome.. (Lincoln Park)

Been playing a few years and just looking to have some fun and learn by playing with others. I am not picky on your playing level. Basically as long as you can strum a few chords, we'll have fun! And I will be glad to do the same for you to practice soloing. Here is my YouTube page:

http://www.youtube.com/user/fhussain44

My location has plenty of space and we can get as loud as our ears can safely tolerate. Or I'll be glad to come to your place.
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
I don't know who this noone fellow is, but I'm sure he means well

He loves veggies. He must be cool.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by lushacrous
Craigslist is a sketchy place to post on, and I personally can't ever see myself feeling so desperate to jam with someone that I'd go there.

As for the people that follow through with you and then later go away, you're probably a really annoying person in person.

Where do you suggest I look then for jam partners? I tried posting an ad in a guitar store, but don't think it had any success.

The problem is most people never even get to meet me for one practice. We exchange a few emails to meetup, but they back out for legitimate reasons. Then it is radio silence...
Quote by veggielover

Guitarist/drummer looking to jam - Beginners welcome.. (Lincoln Park)

Been playing a few years and just looking to have some fun and learn by playing with others. I am not picky on your playing level. Basically as long as you can strum a few chords, we'll have fun! And I will be glad to do the same for you to practice soloing. Here is my YouTube page:

My location has plenty of space and we can get as loud as our ears can safely tolerate. Or I'll be glad to come to your place.

There's your problem, people are afraid of being raped.
Quote by veggielover

Sadist/Masochist looking to jam it - Beginners welcome.. (Lincoln Park)

Been playing games a few years and just looking to have some fun and learn by playing with others. I am not picky on your playing level. Basically as long as you can take it up the wazoo, we'll have fun! And I will be glad to have you do the same to me. Here is my YouTube page:

My location has plenty of space and we can get as loud as our rectums can safely tolerate. Or I'll be glad to come on your face.

I think I see the problem.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Jackal 58 ive just realised, is your avatar the boc stun guitar thingy?
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Jackal 58 ive just realised, is your avatar the boc stun guitar thingy?

BOC Avatar. Stylized Astronomical symbol for Saturn actually.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by veggielover
Where do you suggest I look then for jam partners? I tried posting an ad in a guitar store, but don't think it had any success.

The problem is most people never even get to meet me for one practice. We exchange a few emails to meetup, but they back out for legitimate reasons. Then it is radio silence...

I can't really help you there, but over the internet is probably the lamest. I've seen ads like that in the guitar store I used to go to, and to be honest I'd be much more willing to go through with them than I would for any other internet posting. So keep trying with that?
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
"My location has plenty of space and we can get as loud as our ears can safely tolerate. Or I'll be glad to come to your place."

Yeah that's something you want to see in an ad meeting online people... No one can hear or see us.
Father of ilikepirates And icesk8erqueen8
every man on here who tries to touch them will get his dick chopped off.

E-married to Shyne <3

Officialy has OddOneOut as e-sexslave
You just have to keep trying. Finding bandmates is a colossal pain in the ass, it's going to take some effort.

Alternatively, you could be a one-man band. There are lots of musicians out there who have been successful running one-man projects.
In the meantime you can pick up a drum program like EZDrummer, get a DAW (Reaper will work and its free) a usb computer guitar adapter (pod gx) and jam with some cool drum loops, then you can add lead guitar and overdubs. Plus real drummers have real problems, you have to deal with their pill popping girl friend, their crappy attidudes etc..
Quote by madbasslover
You just have to keep trying. Finding bandmates is a colossal pain in the ass, it's going to take some effort.

Alternatively, you could be a one-man band. There are lots of musicians out there who have been successful running one-man projects.

I live in the Chicago area, and I look at the musicians section quite a bit. I might have missed your ad, but most of the ads on there are from musicians that don't interest me.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Craigslist is notorious for being a sketchy site. You don't know who's legit and who's a psycho. Like someone else said, go to open mic nights and other music events and I'm sure you'll find someone. Or you could put an ad in the newspaper.
Quote by veggielover
I offer to come to their place also ).

sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
it sounds like you wanna rape them
twitter: @ljg35

Xbox Live (CoD MW3, Halo 4, NHL 13): ljg 01 Adler
The problem i find is, everyone plays guitar, and if you do find a drummer, they usually have about 3 projects on the go. You just gotta keep at it, maybe put yourself out as a drummer too, you would be more likely to get some work.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.