Ok so i have a 6505+ head and i currently use it with the 6505 cab, but everyone i see using a 6505+ uses a mesa boogie cab. So i need to know how much better the mesa boogie cab is, how much it would cost for a used one, and about how much i would be able to sell my 6505 cab for.
My Guitar Rig:
Peavey 6505+ Head
Peavey 6505 slant cab
MXR Smart Gate
MXR Noise Clamp
Ibanez ts-9 tubescreamer
Ibanez RGA72tqm with EMG 81/85

Other Guitar Gear:
Fender Vibro Champ
TTM Guitars Devastator
LTD EC-200
Mesa Cabs are some of the best around. Peavey cabs are build sturdily, but the speakers are no good. If you could replace the speakers in your Peavey cab, it would be worth hanging on to, but aside from that, you might be able to get a used Mesa cab for betweet $450 and $700. If you would sell your Peavey cab, you could probably get $350 out of it if it's in good condition.

If you do decide to swap out your speakers, some you might want to look into are:
Celestion Vintage 30s (these are what come in Mesa cabs)
Hellatone 60s (broken in and rebranded in Vintage 30s)
Celestion G12T75s
Celestion G12K100s
Eminence Governors
Eminence Man o' Wars

You might even want to experiment and go two of one type and two of another in an X pattern.
Hagstrom Swede w/Bare Knuckle Black Dogs
Peavey JSX
Avatar Contemporary 2x12 (Celestion V30/G12K100)
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Dunlop DVP1 Volume
JHS Sweet Tea
TC Electronic Corona Chorus
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
Digitech Hardwire RV-7 Reverb
Last edited by LukeBTH at Feb 13, 2012,
If you're on a budget warehouse guitar speakers makes a pretty decent V30 clone called the vetean 30. I believe they run about 70 a piece new.
Last edited by DeathMetalJesus at Feb 13, 2012,
I'd rather buy a different cab then replace the speakers. It seems like it would be cheaper to buy a new one anyway because i've found quite a few rectifier cabs for $450, and LukeBTH said I should be able to get around $350 for my current cab, so it would cost around $100 to get a rectifier cab. How much of an improvement in tone should I expect if I switch to a rectifier cab?
My Guitar Rig:
Peavey 6505+ Head
Peavey 6505 slant cab
MXR Smart Gate
MXR Noise Clamp
Ibanez ts-9 tubescreamer

Other Guitar Gear:
Fender Vibro Champ
TTM Guitars Devastator
LTD EC-200
Quote by 14xjake
How much of an improvement in tone should I expect if I switch to a rectifier cab?
Everything. You'll be sent on a vast journey of wonders as sonic frequencies are brought to life and sexually massage your ears to great pleasure with every note you pick.

I have no fucking idea what I just typed, but point is, it will sound far better, more defined, more open, clear, etc. Get a Mesa cab.
There's no way you're going to get $350 for a 6505 cab. I wouldn't pay a dime over $200 for a Peavey cab, and I'd only pay that much for something I really really wanted, like the straight cab compliment to my MS412 (which I bought for $120).
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
ok so I need a couple of opinions on how much I will get for the cab. Will i get closer to $350 or $200? this is important because i need to know how much I need to save before I can buy the Mesa Cab.
My Guitar Rig:
Peavey 6505+ Head
Peavey 6505 slant cab
MXR Smart Gate
MXR Noise Clamp
Ibanez ts-9 tubescreamer

Other Guitar Gear:
Fender Vibro Champ
TTM Guitars Devastator
LTD EC-200
Quote by 14xjake
ok so I need a couple of opinions on how much I will get for the cab. Will i get closer to $350 or $200? this is important because i need to know how much I need to save before I can buy the Mesa Cab.

$350 is probably the most you could potentially get for it if it's in pristine condition. If it is, ask $350 originally, but be willing to negotiate. If it's banged up, you probably won't be able to get more than $250 for it.
Hagstrom Swede w/Bare Knuckle Black Dogs
Peavey JSX
Avatar Contemporary 2x12 (Celestion V30/G12K100)
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Dunlop DVP1 Volume
JHS Sweet Tea
TC Electronic Corona Chorus
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
Digitech Hardwire RV-7 Reverb
it looks brand new. So It would be likely that I could get $350 or $300? and do I sell it to a music store or do I sell it on craigslist or something like that?
My Guitar Rig:
Peavey 6505+ Head
Peavey 6505 slant cab
MXR Smart Gate
MXR Noise Clamp
Ibanez ts-9 tubescreamer

Other Guitar Gear:
Fender Vibro Champ
TTM Guitars Devastator
LTD EC-200
Craigs List. It's the only way to make any money off of your gear.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X