Soon, instead of having my pedals laying around or limiting myself to ~4 of them in my boss pedalboard thing when I go to jams or gigs, I've decided I'm gonna build myself a proper pedalboard. All my pedals are Boss, EHX, Danelectro, or similar 9v single effects with low draw. For power I currently have a Boss psa and an adapter for 7 pedals and I'm wondering if it's worth upgrading.

Is a 1 spot any better? For a noticeable improvement (less noise, etc.) how much would it cost? What are good options under 150CAD?
I don't think 1-spots are particularly good noise-wise. If what you've got works, I wouldn't worry about it.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
I have a one spot, and it powers the pedals really well, but there is a lot of extra noise.
My Guitar Rig:
Peavey 6505+ Head
Peavey 6505 slant cab
MXR Smart Gate
MXR Noise Clamp
Ibanez ts-9 tubescreamer
Ibanez RGA72tqm with EMG 81/85

Other Guitar Gear:
Fender Vibro Champ
TTM Guitars Devastator
LTD EC-200
i run 7 pedals fine. there is noise, but its not all the 1 spot. a mess of noise is the pedals (anything inducing gain like a boost, dirt, or comp pedal, EQ is noisy with the level boosted), budge patch cables, 1 spot, my amp, and dirty unconditioned powr coming from my wall outlet.

the whole chain in general. i cant only blame the 1 spot. regardless, its not noisy enough for me to drop 100-180 on a high end power supply. my 40 buck 1 spot is truckin quite fine.

i will probably get higher end, less noisy pedals before i change the 1 spot.
Quote by ikey_
i run 7 pedals fine. there is noise, but its not all the 1 spot. a mess of noise is the pedals (anything inducing gain like a boost, dirt, or comp pedal, EQ is noisy with the level boosted), budge patch cables, 1 spot, my amp, and dirty unconditioned powr coming from my wall outlet.

the whole chain in general. i cant only blame the 1 spot. regardless, its not noisy enough for me to drop 100-180 on a high end power supply. my 40 buck 1 spot is truckin quite fine.

i will probably get higher end, less noisy pedals before i change the 1 spot.

If it's the pedals you will notice a difference between using batteries or the supply. A good supply should sound identical to batteries. That's how you should be determining what to do next.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification