If I'm being honest, the guitar tone hurts my ears. And the capture quality of the vocals wasn't very good, sounds like the singer is cupping a rockband mic. And the drums sound like maybe 3 mics were used at best. And I might be wrong, but it goes out of time a bit - were you using a click?

pretentious small text, right justified signature
UG's professional coffee nerd
also UG's musical theatre nerd
roscoe's wetsuit
Thanks for the input. We were not using a metronome so maybe we'll start using one.
If you're playing music to get attention then you're forgetting the purpose of music
Yes a metronome is a must. Also what are you using for your guitar tones? I would recommend getting some free amp sims if you either haven't got a good mic or amp. If your using either protools, garageband or logic they all come with free sims. For the drums at least run them through a compressor or something to bring up the "proximity effect" that happens with compression. Also for the vocals it sounds like your using the webcam mic. Please get them a pop shield and good mic. It will sound much better that way. Also the vocalist is clipping the mic, something to take note of and fix. Sorry if this seems harsh but its got a lot of work on a recording side to go. Although for metal core you song aint that bad
Quote by danresn
Yes a metronome is a must. Also what are you using for your guitar tones? I would recommend getting some free amp sims if you either haven't got a good mic or amp. If your using either protools, garageband or logic they all come with free sims. For the drums at least run them through a compressor or something to bring up the "proximity effect" that happens with compression. Also for the vocals it sounds like your using the webcam mic. Please get them a pop shield and good mic. It will sound much better that way. Also the vocalist is clipping the mic, something to take note of and fix. Sorry if this seems harsh but its got a lot of work on a recording side to go. Although for metal core you song aint that bad

Thanks for the criticism, it's all really helpful since this is our first time recording as a band.
If you're playing music to get attention then you're forgetting the purpose of music