Page 1 of 4
When I started middle school in 2002, I only had a handful of friends. I was very shy and I mostly kept to myself. I went to my classes and went home and didn't interact with anybody very much. When second semester hit, our classes shifted and I got stuck in gym class ( ). I was prepared for the worst. When class started, it went along as I figured (I'm not much of an athlete). One day, though, a ray of sunshine came down and this cute girl in my class came over and sat next to me and started talking to me because she noticed I had no friends in the class. She made the class tolerable and over the years we grew to be best friends. You couldn't separate us. Eventually, one thing led to another and we found ourselves in love with each other. I was crazy about this girl.

On February 13th, 2007 I had just come home from my guitar lesson and I got a phone call. It was a conference call with 2 of my best friends, and I immediately knew something was up. My friend said, "Stuart, I'm so sorry, man. Noelle is dead. She was just killed in a car crash." I felt a twisting knot in my chest like I'd never felt before. At first I wanted to believe my friends were playing a cruel joke on me, but it was true. She was killed in the passenger's seat of her friend's car as they made a left turn at a green light and got T-boned by an oncoming car. It was such a stupid, pointless, avoidable death and it made me so angry. I was depressed for months and I didn't care about anything. Not school, not friends, not anything. I was devastated because the last time I ever saw her I said 'see you tomorrow' as she walked down the hallway to her next class.

Here I am 5 years later and I still find myself thinking about her and missing her. But the old saying 'time heals all wounds' is very true. It has gotten better, and I've let the anger go. The point I want to make is that life is fleeting and unpredictable. People you care for can be gone in an instant. Never forget to remind the people you care about how much they mean to you.

Thank you to anyone who took the time to read this.
Check out my band Disturbed
¯\_(ツ_/¯ LOL W/E, B.

Just kidding, good story, man.
you're a stone fox
That's a big outpouring of thoughts and feelings, and I'm glad that you shared that with us. It really does put things in perspective and is definitely one of those things that a lot of people could relate to in someway.

I know it can't be easy remembering the terrible things you felt, and I just want to say thanks again for sharing.

I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
*image removed*

Seriously though, good story. THanks for sharing.

THat must have been terrible. I can't even imagine.

Edit: I removed the nod because I posted it before I read the OP. I shouldn't have posted it.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Feb 13, 2012,

p.s this was not supposed to be a cheap shot at you.

Stay strong bro.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Feb 13, 2012,
I thought you were gonna troll, but then I was surprised, then I was sad
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
I've always wondered how I would respond to the death of an immediate family member or my girlfriend. I can't imagine it would be terribly unlike your reaction. I consider myself an incredibly level-headed person, but I can't help but think that it'd hit me pretty.

Kudos to your for pulling through the untimely death of a very very close person, and coming out stronger for it.
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
know how it feels man. just got to keep the love.
now extra flamey
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

but yes, thank you for sharing that story and the message behind it..

thanks even more to JohnnyGenzale
I think about the transient nature of life all the time. I've thought about how I would react if I received a similar phone call about one of my close family members or friends. I can't imagine what it would be like to actually experience it at such a young age.
The part of your story when she died actually made me sad while reading this.
Party on Wayne. Party on Garth.
thanks for sharing. i too lost one of my only friends from highschool in a car crash. she was hit by an 80 something year old driving on the wrong side of the road.
this thread is full of .... I'm sorry to hear that man. I've lost people too, and like you said, it does get better.
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
That's deep man. I'm sorry that happened.
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
You must control your use of the force, young Trizek.
Sorry you had to go through that man, I'm glad you're feeling better over time but still remembering her. Stay strong broski.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Pretty tragic mate. I've been through some painful times but none of them involving the death of a loved one.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
That is terrible man. It's great to see you've pulled through, and I'm very sorry to hear something as tragic as that happened to anyone.
Sorry to hear that, man hope you're feeling better by the day.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I feel ya bro. On October 22nd 2011 I lost four friends to a drunk driver
e-married to Jack (bladez)
I know how you feel man. 2 years ago I met a girl. The first conversation I had was me talking her out of suicide. It's not the first I been involved in a situation like that but first time I panicked. I managed to talk her out of it. The next day, I talked to her to see how she was doing. I was surprised. Me and her had a conversation like we knew each other for years. And that's how it was. We opened ourselves up to each other in ways we never knew. We were also inseparable. Even her closest friends that knew her for years, whenever they would see a sad FB status or whatever, they would ask me if she was alright and by then, no matter what, I had already fixed the problem and made her feel better. She was always there for me as well. I never cared for someone as much as I did for her and she for me.

But things changed. Long story short, what ended up was that her parents, the ones that mentally and emotionally abused her to the point of suicide made her stop having anything to do with me and punished her for our friendship. They said I was a bad influence and only wanted sex from her. She knew they were wrong but she had to make her parents proud. I have no contact with her whatsoever nowadays. It's been a year and a half since we have stopped talking. I'm still struggling with the anger.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

I'm seriously glad you shared that. I think we all need a reminder every once in a while of the preciousness of every moment lived and every person met. Sounds cheesy as ****, but it's true. So now i'm going to probably try and stop being condescending to this girl who I like that doesn't like me, and try to like this girl who likes me but who I don't like, and try to be more open and talkative with my family. Thanks dude.

EDIT: And that paragraph makes me feel selfish. I'm sorry for your loss. That sounds rough, but i'm glad to hear that it's getting better for you with time, and can only hope that it stays that path.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Last edited by bradulator at Feb 13, 2012,
I'm glad you've been able to carry on after such a huge loss. And, I mean this sincerely, thanks for sharing your story.

Obligatory: Anyone who posts memes or acts like a smartass ITT deserves a warning, and a swift kick to the teeth.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Sorry to hear that man, good to see things are getting better
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
I was hoping for a Bel Air.

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
That was not what I expected when I entered this thread.
Sorry for the loss and glad you are going ok
OSCILLATE WILDLY!
I'm sorry to hear that. Life is fleeting and evanescent and it's for that reason that life is ultimately and perversely beautiful. Your story was saddening. Have you thought about writing a memoir about it?
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by bradulator

EDIT: And that paragraph makes me feel selfish.

Not at all. That's the whole point of the thread.
Check out my band Disturbed
It's strange how someone can be gone just like that.
Hugging Thread; I'm here to help

Oh you wouldn’t want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise they wouldn’t wannna watch
Another uninnocent, elegant fall
Into the unmagnificent lives of adults

It's Tessa, not Tesse please.
I don't know what it's like to lose someone that close (Not for a long time. I was only 3 when my Great Great Grandmother died) but time heals all wounds.

This is for you. The first hug I think I've ever given.
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir

I'm here dawg!

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Page 1 of 4