So I've been working on a new track that kind of has an 80's hair metal vibe to it. The main riff (chorus) is in an 13/8 time signature, which is odd for me cause most of my stuff stays in 4/4 or 6/8. The verse I have is in 4/4. So, when I just play the song on guitar with no drums or anything everything sounds smooth and transitions well. I'm just not exactly sure how to go about doing the drums and how to get reaper to do different time signatures. I can do it in GP5 with no problem. Any help?
Right click on the timeline and add a new time signature / tempo marker.

Also, if you export the MIDI from GP and import it into Reaper, Reaper will just use the tempo and time sig map from GP.
Let's party.
Probably, I don't use AD personally so can't help ya with that one.
Let's party.
hey im really into hair metal, id love to hear what you got so far if you wanna post a link?
I haven't started recording anything. I came up with the riff trying out the Tiny Terror sim from IK last night. I'm just trying to piece it all together at the moment. I may have a rough version tonight though.
AD should have an option that allows you to use general midi. thats what GP uses, so just selecting that option should get you 95+% of the way there. i think there are a couple minor differences though, which you may just have to look at the maps to find out.
Quote by Odirunn
Probably, I dout from my performance manager while playing back a huge project file its only taxing n't use AD personally so can't help ya with that one.
ut from my per(Invalid img)formance manager while playing back a huge project file its only taxing
Quote by ronhoward
Thanks a lot! I think I saw it on here, but isn't there a site you can get a midi map for GP to AD?

http://midifilemapper.codeplex.com/

Will convert General Midi to the weird AD midi set up.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!