Try some three string ones on the top three strings:

12-15--------19-15-
--------12-------------17-
-----------12------------16

Those are two basic minor arpeggio shapes in the key of whatever your guitar is tuned to.

Hopefully, it didn't get too mangled after the post.
Quote by Jesus
Gaza Strip- home. At least it was before I fucked ereythang up...
Last edited by JimDawson at Feb 13, 2012,
e---------------12--15--12------------------
b----------13------------------13------------
g-----12----------------------------12-------

Thats one of the first i learnt - and if you want to make it a 5 string sweep add 13 on the d and 15 on the a strings

... i think i tabbed it right, if i didn't, i apologise in advance and ill redo it tomorrow mate
e------10---------10----------10--------------12
b----11---------12---------10-------------13
g--12---------11---------11-----------12

There's a couple of dead simple 3 string sweeps. I don't know why everybody adds in the fourth note on these because it makes learning them so much harder, trying to add in the hammer instead of just getting the sweeping motion down first.
Quote by lars101st
Anybody have some easy sweeps that i could use to get used to sweeping?

Before I answer that, answer me this: do you know what sweeping is used for? Do you understand what an arpeggio is and how they are formed? Do you know how arpeggios are used musically? Without knowing the answer, you're setting yourself up for quite a bit of frustration down the road.

If you know all that, given that sweeping is a really limited skill, you can make your own exercises with no problem at all.
Quote by dodders666
e---------------12--15--12------------------
b----------13------------------13------------
g-----12----------------------------12-------

Thats one of the first i learnt - and if you want to make it a 5 string sweep add 13 on the d and 15 on the a strings

... i think i tabbed it right, if i didn't, i apologise in advance and ill redo it tomorrow mate

I learnt that sweep, Do you have one thats a little bit harder and sounds cool?
Quote by lars101st
I learnt that sweep, Do you have one thats a little bit harder and sounds cool?

Learn how to construct arpeggios and then experiment with them. See my previous post.
Seeing as you said you got the 3 string one down, heres another:

e-------------------5--6p5--------------------5
b----------------6-----------6---------------6--
g--------------7----------------7---------7-----
d--------7h8---------------------8-7h8--------

This is a major 7th arpeggio in the key of Bb, but like anything else, it can be moved around.

Also, listen to geldin, if you don't know how to use these, there isn't any point in learning them.