Hey, I'm getting a nice size tax return and spending on a guitar. I've been looking at a ton of warmoth parts and stuff. i have a 400 neck picked out and still working on the body and stuff. but it just occurred to me that I could get a ESP eclipse 2 or around or LTD EC 1000 straight off the shelf.

I guess what i'm asking is experience with warmoth parts/ quality or value. If getting a custom build is worth all the cash versus getting a setup guitar and maybe swap some pups.

I'm getting about 1,500 back.
Don"t Be A Bitch.
I went the route of warmoth but didn't really know what I was doing. Bad experience. Definitely either know what you're doing (in terms of fretting, finishing, fitting, etc...) or buy the stuff pre-finished.

Honestly I'd just go with the ESP; it's simpler and will probably a better/more reliable guitar.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by southpaw_tdg
Hey, I'm getting a nice size tax return and spending on a guitar. I've been looking at a ton of warmoth parts and stuff. i have a 400 neck picked out and still working on the body and stuff. but it just occurred to me that I could get a ESP eclipse 2 or around or LTD EC 1000 straight off the shelf.

I guess what i'm asking is experience with warmoth parts/ quality or value. If getting a custom build is worth all the cash versus getting a setup guitar and maybe swap some pups.

I'm getting about 1,500 back.

First, I LOVE ESP's, I had to say that... But it depends man. If you can pick out a guitar off the wall and have it speak to you, buy that.

If you're a serious player, you haven't been able to find a guitar with all the things you want on it, AND you don't care about the money you'll never see again - get a Warmoth. Warmoth quality is easily on-par with anything to come out of a ESP/Fender/Gibson custom shop. That being said the builder needs to have the skill and resources needed to assemble those quality parts into their perfect instrument.

Building a guitar is not hard. But, if you don't put the time and effort into learning how to do it right (or pay someone else to do it for you) - you could end up with $1500 worth of firewood. If done right, you'll have the perfect guitar that you'll want to take to your grave.

Quote by southpaw_tdg
or possibly parker fly

Awww HELL NO. IMHO Fugliest. Guitar. EVER.

Last edited by ORCRiST at Feb 14, 2012,