I've found 2 guitars I like on Craigslist.
The first is an RGA121VLF and the second is an S1520FB. Both are prestige models.

The RGA is a little used looking, but still 85% from what I can tell, and has a JB in the bridge and comes with a hardcase, while the S is in flawless condition. I plan on swapping the pups in whichever one I get, so it really doesn't matter that the RGA has a JB.

Both are mahogany bodied with maple necks, the RGA has a maple top and the S has a figured bubinga top.

The RGA has a fixed bridge and the S has a lo-pro edge trem. I don't use trems all that much, but I'm comfortable setting one up and I'm a fan of the tuning stability they provide when blocked off.

I've owned the same S before and it's probably my favorite guitar that I've ever owned.

I hear wonderful things about the RGA too, but I'm looking for a comparative opinion of the two models before I drop the cash on either. Both are the same price. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by The Knife at Feb 13, 2012,
Get the RGA.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Last edited by Tom 1.0 at Feb 13, 2012,
Quote by Makko Mace
Artcore master race!

Haha just not a fan of that body style.

Alright, any other opinions? And why the RGA over the S?
Rga. Ive never liked the s series. Resonance has always been an issue with the ones I've played and imo arent up to par quality wise with the rg/rga's.
if they're both MIJ it's really up to you. just basically if you prefer a locking trem or a hardtail.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
RGA are going to be a bit better for metal, but they don't have the versatility of the S. Still 2 very good guitar, you should try both and see whith which one your most confortable