Okay, so I'm moving from a multi-effects unit to all analog pedals and I realized that I need a pedalboard. Previously I've used a multi-effects with sometimes an overdrive, fuzz or delay separately but I've got to a point where this doesn't work for me any more. Unfortunately, I don't know anything at all about pedalboards and I need help to point me in the right direction of what I need.

From what little research I've done, I do realize that I need a powered pedalboard, by either AC or a power pack of some type. I need enough room for at least 6 pedals and an expression pedal. What are some suggestions of pedalboards that would work for me? I would like a good balance of budget and quality - as much as possible, anyway.

I've also been trying to figure out what pedals I need as far as my immediate needs go. Currently I use an EHX Germanium 4 Big Muff Pi (Overdrive and Fuzz/Distoriton in one pedal) but was thinking of going another direction and getting a Sparkle Drive for my overdrive. The overdrive would be a separate signal chain than the board, because it would be before the amp so I can drive the tubes, but the rest of my effects would be in an effects loop - is that the best way?

I will probably also get an MXR Blue Box because I need those tones. The other pedals I'm thinking of are probably Rocktron Reaction Tremolo and Octaver and the EHX Freeze. I'm happy with the reverb and chorus built into my amplifier so no need of those pedals for the time being. Still need to decide on a good compressor.

I am guessing I'll need a sound suppressor of some type, but always used the one built into my multi-effects so no clue where it would even go in the signal chain - I'm guessing at the end? Can anyone help me and give me some advice - I'm really new to the idea of going completely analog!
If you don't have a low price range check out Pedal train pedal boards. They come in lots of sizes and you can attach a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 on the bottom for a power supply.
Pedaltrain are great if you are willing to spend that much. The Blue Box is a little lame unmodded, but there's some easy capacitor mod that makes it sound way better. You can just get a Godlyke or OneSpot power supply and you'll be fine. As far as tremolo I'd recommend the EHX Pulsar. You can put the noise suppressor wherever you want, if you just want to get rid of singe coil hum, put it first in the chain, if not I'd put it towards the end.
As far as a pedalboard goes, build your own.

Just some ply, dowel, woodscrew, glue, dark carpet tile and black paint. Angle it to suit (that way you have somewhere to stash the power supply and hide the leads). Maybe a couple of handles to make it easier to lift.

Voodoo Labs are pretty good for supplying power. So too are the T-rex Fuel Tanks.
As for a compressor, many suggest the ISP Decimator.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Quote by Slap-happy
As far as a pedalboard goes, build your own.

Just some ply, dowel, woodscrew, glue, dark carpet tile and black paint. Angle it to suit (that way you have somewhere to stash the power supply and hide the leads). Maybe a couple of handles to make it easier to lift.

Voodoo Labs are pretty good for supplying power. So too are the T-rex Fuel Tanks.
As for a compressor, many suggest the ISP Decimator.

i am not totally positive but i heard one of the t-rex's are daisy chain in a box (non iso) like the dunlop power brick.

build your own board, i am on my fourth. i improve it every time than before and is easy as hell to use,

also Google Ikea pedal boards they have a product that many people build a pedalboard off easily.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Didn't realise the TRex was - well, crap...

The Ikea board is Gorm. Ply's just as good - 18 ply.
Quote by WtrPlyr
The t-rex Mini fuel tank or whatever it's called is isolated, the rest of their PSUs is not. The Voodoo Lab are great, so are Cioks and the BBE Supa Charger.

i have a BBE supa charger and i like it, but their price has gone up quite a bit since i bought mine (i got it new off ebay for like $80 from an authorized dealer), now they go for $120ish. i would probably go vodoo lab now.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Well, right now building a pedalboard myself is kind of out of the question. In an ideal situation I would want a pedalboard that can hold 4 - 6 standard pedals and an expression pedal and was already powered, or else is tiered so I can tuck a power source out of sight. I really need to be able to do this for $150 or less if possible...
Why is building your own out of the question?
Here's the one I just built (still needs some cleaning up and varnishing). The aluminium bit on the left houses the reverb and the power supply for all the pedals. As you can see I left a cavity for another pedal. The loopy bit in the middle is so I can break it into two parts so the pedals on the left can be run in the amp's loop if needed. Standard IEC mains socket on the back to power it up.
It's just made out of pine so it wasn't particularly expensive or hard to make.

Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by katalyzt13
Well, right now building a pedalboard myself is kind of out of the question. In an ideal situation I would want a pedalboard that can hold 4 - 6 standard pedals and an expression pedal and was already powered, or else is tiered so I can tuck a power source out of sight. I really need to be able to do this for $150 or less if possible...

I don't know of any power pedalboards that use a quality power supply. Going with a pedalboard + seperate PSU is your best bet.
Quote by Slap-happy
Why is building your own out of the question?

basically, spending extremely long hours working right now. That is the short story anyway - it comes down to time.