Page 1 of 2
i live with my dad, and he seen that i got a 68 in history class, and he says its because of me playing the guitar all the time. I know that my grade went from 80 to 68 because i didn't hand in a big project, and i know it was wrong of me.

I sat at the table as he walked around me with my blank stare, telling me to stop playing, give it up, it wont do nothing good, and that i should do something with my life that will be better than playing "******" music for a bunch of "******" kids. This hit real hard. than he proceeded to yell how my room is reflecting how my life will turn out if i continue with music, cluttered, grungy, and shitty.

i'm not really mad I suppose, just feel like total crap
Well don't do dumb shit in school, duh.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
**** school, burn stuff.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Music is supposed to make you smarter and more attentive. So I guess you're doing something wrong.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Either choose to do your homework, or choose to slack off in school which if you do, at least get a job. So get a job, and play guitar in your free-time. If your dad doesn't approve, well then you have to suck it up and NOT slack off in school or put up with it until you can move out.
Last edited by High&Mighty at Feb 13, 2012,
KILL PEOPLE BURN SHIT FUCK SCHOOL

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
I think he took it a bit to far for sure, but you're still mostly at fault here.

I've been a straight A student my whole life, progress reports came in today and I have 3 B's. I first blamed it on my recent love for sleeping in class, but my parents (who are really strict about grades) didn't seem to worry and believe I can easily bring them up. I can bring them up, mostly it's work that I was absent the day it was turned in, but my parents were surprisingly understanding of it. It just seems like you caught your dad in a bad time right now, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Bring the grades up and I'm sure he'll be more forgiving.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
You should've let him get a gun and shoot your guitar and then upload a video of it on the internet.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
i would be a bit upset with the clearly illogical argument that guitar is the reason you did poorly in school. it seems to be a question of balance rather than a 'one or the other' scenario.
Be better at school, but don't give up guitar. Just balance your time, maybe try spending lunch in the library? That's what I do now, boosted my marks above a 90 by the end of midterms.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']You'll feel like more total crap if you don't get into college.

He'll feel like total crap if he didn't get in to college with the goal in mind of wanting to go to college. He has to decide if he wants to dedicate time/effort into school with the goal being college in the future. If thats not the goal, then he won't feel like crap if he doesn't go to college.
I wouldn't worry about him insulting your music. It doesn't seem like very many parents nowadays are happy with the music their guitarist children are playing. But, it doesn't matter if it was one big project that hurt your grade, or a lot of little ones. If you start slacking off, your parent has the right to take your things away. As long you get it back when you start doing better.
It isn't right of him to put down his child like that and discourage something that most people encourage you to get into, so try to prove yourself by going for as many A's as possible. Don't go for "above D",go for "the best I can do". Clean eveything up and fly right.
Last edited by Myaccount876 at Feb 13, 2012,
F*** school f*** the police burn sh*t and smoke f*cking pot that'll show him

Just kidding I feel you though my parents don"t really like me playing guitar all the time either

Just do good and school focus on both
Last edited by Lptubeking at Feb 13, 2012,
Quote by High&Mighty
He'll feel like total crap if he didn't get in to college with the goal in mind of wanting to go to college. He has to decide if he wants to dedicate time/effort into school with the goal being college in the future. If thats not the goal, then he won't feel like crap if he doesn't go to college.

He needs to get to wanting then.

Most people who do shitty in school end up having shitty lives these days.
Quote by willwelsh816
i live with my dad, and he seen that i got a 68 in history class, and he says its because of me playing the guitar all the time. I know that my grade went from 80 to 68 because i didn't hand in a big project, and i know it was wrong of me.

I sat at the table as he walked around me with my blank stare, telling me to stop playing, give it up, it wont do nothing good, and that i should do something with my life that will be better than playing "******" music for a bunch of "******" kids. This hit real hard. than he proceeded to yell how my room is reflecting how my life will turn out if i continue with music, cluttered, grungy, and shitty.

My God......
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by Myaccount876
It isn't right of him to put down his child like that and discourage something that most people encourage you to get into, so try to prove yourself by going for as many A's as possible. Don't go for "above D",go for "the best I can do". Clean eveything up and fly right.

This.
So when your musical career tanks, at least you still got good grades to go to college. Don't do what I did, only focus on making it big and blew off high school. When I realized I wasn't gonna make it as a musican, I was ****ed cuz my grades were too bad to get into a good school to make a real living. Now I'm going the military route.
Last edited by trainspotted11 at Feb 13, 2012,
Quote by Skynyrd890
My God......

HEY! I remember you! You were in my sig once.

No seriously, keep playing, but get your grades high just to prove him wrong.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Do the best you can in school, it's all you really can do for the time being. I did my absolute best in high school year after year just so I could have a back up for anything.

Don't work *too* hard at school, but don't slack off. Just maintain average grades. Over-achievers like myself work as hard as they can for just a few scraps of recognition. I realize now that it totally wasn't worth it and I should've enjoyed school a little more.

Keep playing guitar. You should have a hobby. It really helps you through the rough patches.
Quote by moscaespañol
HEY! I remember you! You were in my sig once.

I... I was in your sig??
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']He needs to get to wanting then.

Most people who do shitty in school end up having shitty lives these days.

True, though, as of late, doing well in school isn't as much of a gurantee to an easier financial situation as it once once.

Quote by trainspotted11
Now I'm going the military route.

What branch? Just curious
Last edited by High&Mighty at Feb 13, 2012,
Prove him wrong. Simple.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Quote by Skynyrd890
I... I was in your sig??

Yeah, it just came to me, it was in a thread about cable or something and I saw you were from NC and got an obscenely good deal from Time Warner, and that you could have negotiated a blow job in there

I remember this because I only seem to remember things I don't need.

Quote by trainspotted11
This.
So when your musical career tanks, at least you still got good grades to go to college. Don't do what I did, only focus on making it big and blew off high school. When I realized I wasn't gonna make it as a musican, I was ****ed cuz my grades were too bad to get into a good school to make a real living. Now I'm going the military route.

This guy knows. I may sleep in class, but I keep my A's. I would love to do something in the music business, but I have a lot of backup plans just in case. Better safe than sorry.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Quote by High&Mighty
True, though, as of late, doing well in school isn't as much of a gurantee to an easier financial situation as it once once.

Really you need the right career
This guy knows. I may sleep in class, but I keep my A's. I would love to do something in the music business, but I have a lot of backup plans just in case. Better safe than sorry.[/QUOTE

RESPECT to you I'm doing the same thing
Quote by willwelsh816

tell him he is a worthless sack of shit with no life then punch him in the face make sure you break his nose
Quote by moscaespañol
Yeah, it just came to me, it was in a thread about cable or something and I saw you were from NC and got an obscenely good deal from Time Warner, and that you could have negotiated a blow job in there

I remember this because I only seem to remember things I don't need.

Hmm... I don't recall that...

How long ago was this?
Page 1 of 2