Page 1 of 2
*C4C 100%!*
What's up?! These are 5 tracks from my hard rock band's upcoming debut album "12:27".

If you have the time to check us out I'd appreciate some feedback about anything!

Here they are on SoundCloud

- Devil's Lingerie
- Ivory Coast
- The Hero
- Pay the Price
- Dazed

If you dig what you hear, please don't be shy to give us a "like" on Facebook.

Last edited by devilzdj4 at Jul 3, 2012,
I actually enjoyed that! Im in a hard rocking blues/rockabilly band, link is in my sig, check us out! more recording will be done soon as those are crap.. going into the studio next friday to record a single!

PS liked you guys on facebook.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Awesome man, thank you! I will check your band out right now!

*EDIT: Groovy man! Old school blues, nothin' better. "liked" and left a comment!
Thanks man ahaha, "that guy" is me! I appreciate the crit!

I listened to your tracks, I think "Swell of Vibe" was probably the best one, heard some nice guitar ideas there, I think it could use a bit more structure, and maybe add some vocal parts and it would be even sicker!
Wow man, Really digged ivory Coast!!! Had a bit of a heavy Iron maiden-meets-Joe Satriani feel!

The riffs and especially wah solo were sick!! Digging the vocals as well.

Pay the price was really good as well. Pretty groovy!

Dazed reminded me a bit of Chickenfoot. Awesome stuff!!!

Did you record in a studio?
Haha thanks dude!

We recorded the drums in a studio, then took those files and brought them to my singer's studio where we recorded, mixed and mastered everything else ourselves! The only cost of it was the 300 bucks we payed to track the 12 drum tracks!
Where can I buy the album?

Seriously, that was awesome! You guys have all the right sounds, I don't think I can fault you.

Perfect Rockin'!
Don't you hate it when you're reading a sentence and it doesn't end how you testicles.

Did you hear the one about the boy with the short atten
Thanks guys! Yeah, the album will be out by spring, we're probably going to put it on Bandcamp or something. For now were mastering each track and streaming them on soundcloud and on our bandpage, so if you'd like you can follow us on SoundCloud or Facebook
Last edited by devilzdj4 at Feb 26, 2012,
Dude Im seriously diggin your music! I felt the need to plug my computer into my stereo so i could crank it way up. you guys rock big time! i like you on FB btw
Quote by Nrsandback
Dude Im seriously diggin your music! I felt the need to plug my computer into my stereo so i could crank it way up. you guys rock big time! i like you on FB btw

Wow thank you so much man! Means a lot!!
Quote by Indy_Fire
Now this is the kinda stuff I like to find. Those are some great tracks. You sirs will defo get a facebook liking indeed. Top stuff. Well gel.

Crit here on my stuff...Recording is basic and early days but when we do an EP I' be happy if it sounds half as good as this.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1522523

thank you for the kind words man!

Listening to your stuff now!
Thanks for the feedback.

Listening to Ivory Coast and I'm really impressed man, all the instruments sound huge and clear at the same time. Those wah solos sound great, they remind me of Slash. I also like the dynamics, how you add the quieter bits in and then build up to the heavier bits. I honestly can't think of any way this song could be better, you're really on to something here dude keep it up!

Pay the Price, holy shit that solo is awesome, I love your phrasing and just the overall feel of it, I think you should have added another chorus onto the end though. The solo builds up a lot of energy and I think it would have flowed nicely into another chorus, just my opinion though. I like the slightly faster tempo in this track, it gets the blood pumping haha

DaZed is cool, I like the wah during the verse, and more killer solos man, you really lift the songs with your lead playing. I would say the weak point of this song is the riff you start off with, not that it's bad, but it's just not quite as kick ass as the rest of the song.

Overall you have an awesome sound going here, I could easily listen to this alongside GNR or Metallica
Quote by crushingmetal
Thanks for the feedback.

Listening to Ivory Coast and I'm really impressed man, all the instruments sound huge and clear at the same time. Those wah solos sound great, they remind me of Slash. I also like the dynamics, how you add the quieter bits in and then build up to the heavier bits. I honestly can't think of any way this song could be better, you're really on to something here dude keep it up!

Pay the Price, holy shit that solo is awesome, I love your phrasing and just the overall feel of it, I think you should have added another chorus onto the end though. The solo builds up a lot of energy and I think it would have flowed nicely into another chorus, just my opinion though. I like the slightly faster tempo in this track, it gets the blood pumping haha

DaZed is cool, I like the wah during the verse, and more killer solos man, you really lift the songs with your lead playing. I would say the weak point of this song is the riff you start off with, not that it's bad, but it's just not quite as kick ass as the rest of the song.

Overall you have an awesome sound going here, I could easily listen to this alongside GNR or Metallica

Thanks for the individual song crits!

I'm glad you dig my leads and the songs in general. And yeah, I was gonna continue soloing at the end of Pay the Price over the chorus chords but we had already stopped the rhythm guitars there, so I just stopped the solo there.

For Dazed, I'm assuming you mean the clean/tremolo descending guitar lick that comes in over the bass?

(Also, I'm a huge GN'R fan so that explain the Slash influence on my playign and the Izzy influence on my rhythm playing hahaa :P )
devilzdj4,
Thanks for the review! Now your tunes: "Ivory Tunes": nice intro. Intro wah guitar sounds very good! Sound quality on everything is excellent! Vocals sound very good also! All of the instrumental playing is excellent. The song itself is excellent & kicks butt! I think this song sounds very professional & is radio-worthy. If there is a free download, I'd do it. "Pay the Price": sound quality on this is excellent also. Once again, all of the playing is very good. Lyrics are a bit naughty for my taste. Nice lead guitar. The song itself is quite good, though I like the other one better. "DaZed": sound quality on the intro guitars is good, just very slightly muddy. All other sound quality very good. Playing on everything is tight once again. Very good lead guitar! Another very good song, though I like "Ivory" best. You guys rock!
Last edited by aaron aardvark at Feb 27, 2012,
Oh yeah, that really rocks. It was really fun to listen to this songs. They have a great feeling. The guitars sound awesome, the vocals are good. The Only thing I do not like is the Snare. It sounds like someones drumming on a bucket

It reminds of the last Slash Album, which I liked very much. I think Ivory Coast is my favorite. It has a great Intro and a cool riff in the verse.

Besides the Snare sound, I cant find anything to criticize
Thanks for the crit on mine, just listened to 'Ivory Coast' and I have to say it is pretty killer. Fantastic mix aswell, nothing I can fault there. The vocals were strong though I think stretching them for massive high notes to really drive your choruses would really add to the energy. The solos were also cool, the song just had a general good time rock'n'roll vibe to it which is hard to find these days.
Good job!
Gear:
ESP: LTD H401-FM
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-20 Studio Combo
Digitech RP500, Dunlop Crybaby, Korg Pitchblack

Check out the Soundcloud of my band CENTURION - based in South London and currently looking for a singer + bassist!
Quote by Metastasis
Oh yeah, that really rocks. It was really fun to listen to this songs. They have a great feeling. The guitars sound awesome, the vocals are good. The Only thing I do not like is the Snare. It sounds like someones drumming on a bucket

It reminds of the last Slash Album, which I liked very much. I think Ivory Coast is my favorite. It has a great Intro and a cool riff in the verse.

Besides the Snare sound, I cant find anything to criticize

Yeah I know what you mean on that snare dude. We had a lot of problems with the drum WAVs because of the way it was recorded, the dude who tracked it for us didn't know wtf he was doing so we got so much bleed. And my drummer used his metal snare instead of his rock one so we had to change the snare sound and play around with plugins and stuff to get it to sound fatter and more rattly.

But the mixing process is still going for us as we have another 9 songs to mix and master! So I'm sure by the time we're almost done we'll have gotten a better snare sound and a better overall mix quality in general. Then were going to go back to the ones we mixed first (the ones I've posted here) and improve them with the newer sounds to give the entire album a more constant and balanced sound.

Anyways, thanks a lot for all the feedback, I really enjoy reading all these positive comments and I'm glad you all dig our style!
checked out Dazed
Pretty nice!!
Very good recording quality.
The singing is nice!
Liked the little harmonies, fitted very well.

The guitar work is good aswell.
The pause part at 1:18 worked very wel.
And the solo is cool!
Overall very good work!!
Keep it up!
Mate, you're the whole package!

Great guitar playing, solo in Ivory coast was immense, I can defo see the slash influence in the leads, although the riffs sounded a little like Dr. Feelgood by Motley Crue The vocalist has a hell of a voice too fair play, and the drums were amazingly produced, which makes me think they may have been programmed? If not then at least triggered? hahaNever the less, this is some great material. Also listened to pay the price, love the vocals/guitar combo there, the verse is so funky and the songwriting in general is amazing cause the chorus fits perfectly, kinda reminds me of the treatment, who I love production accross the board is immnse, no complaints at all, particularly enjoyed the guitar tone

c4c? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=29219064#post29219064
Thanks for the crit Gaz, glad you dig it! I c4c'd back!

The drums are actually not programmed or triggered, my drummer tracked them and my singer edited and produced everything.
Thanks for your crit, man! Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, but here goes!

Ivory Coast: The intro is epic. I love the build you create and the guitars sound excellent. The vocals come in and they sound excellent. I find this song has a seriously old school hard rock feel to it, which I didn't expect in the beginning for some reason. Excellent soloing and again excellent tone. The playing reminds me of Slash with just a touch of Zakk Wylde. It's an awesome vibe this song gives off, and just an awesome song all around.

Pay the Price: I like the way it kicks off. The mixing is excellent - very pro. The tones are good, and I love the background vocals. This is just solid rock n' roll, man, and I'm digging it!

Dazed: Awesome opening riff, and when the verse comes in with the wah-guitar in the back, it just sounds sexy. Yet again, you've got great tone, great playing, the vocals sound excellent, and the quality is 100% pro. The feel of this song is really reminiscent of Floor Thirteen's sound (if you're familiar with them - they were this excellent hard rock band from Winnipeg). Yeah, man, great stuff!
Awe3some tunes guys. I would definitely buy this. Reminds me of some Jet. Great vocals. (I'm jealous because my voice sux. . LOL) "liking" you on facebook AND Soundcloud.
When the drums come in its kick ass. Loving the dum dum. Damn rocking that wah pedal is pro. It could use a little more bass I think. Vocals are not my style u seem influenced by 80's music which isn't bad but its not my cup a tea.

Overall good song 8/10

- <3 Love Johnny
Click My Library to see what I've written

My Library
Haha Thanks for the crit Johnny! I wouldn't say we're strongly influenced by 80's music, but mainly GN'R (even though they broke out of the 80's sound).
ivory coast was really cool, I'm pretty sure I heard the riff at 1:15 somewhere before but it sounded better in you song. everything is where it belongs IMO and all in alkl it was just about perfect.
Quote by Viban
ivory coast was really cool, I'm pretty sure I heard the riff at 1:15 somewhere before but it sounded better in you song. everything is where it belongs IMO and all in alkl it was just about perfect.

Thanks man, if you ever remember what song you heard the riff in lemme know!
Heard you guys a while ago and liked your Facebook page too. Wish I could find a flaw that isn't just nit-picking, and I honestly can't. It's not really the kind of rock that I'm into, but you do what you want to do really well it seems. Good job on this guys. Digging Pay the Price the most... and cheers for the crit, I appreciate it a lot man.
Page 1 of 2