Hey does anyone know what pedals are used in the song Just by Radiohead ??(preferable the ones Johnny uses) I have a few guesses but I can't really say for sure. Much appreaciated thanks.
Quote by Metal_Militia15
I think they use distortion

It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
I'll say the same thing I said in the topic you posted in the Pit in case you don't go back and read that one. I'm sure someone will call me out on something as I'm not very gear savvy, but I'll try to help.

If you're speaking about the part around 2:30 in the song, sounds like a Tremelo effect (a pedal effect, not what the vibrato bar has become known as). As for the the ending of the song around 3:00 just a pitch shifter, the Digitech Whammy for instance, raising the pitch of the notes up 1 octave.
Quote by Ninja_Tortois3
I'll say the same thing I said in the topic you posted in the Pit in case you don't go back and read that one. I'm sure someone will call me out on something as I'm not very gear savvy, but I'll try to help.

If you're speaking about the part around 2:30 in the song, sounds like a Tremelo effect (a pedal effect, not what the vibrato bar has become known as). As for the the ending of the song around 3:00 just a pitch shifter, the Digitech Whammy for instance, raising the pitch of the notes up 1 octave.

Sorry I didn't really know which one to post it in, thanks alot though, yours is certainly one of the more useful comments. I had a feeling there might have been a pitch shifter but I found no evidence supporting this so I had to ask around. Cheers mate.
i'm no gigantic radiohead fan, but i have a feeling i've heard people say he used a marshall shredmaster. don't quote me on that, though.

if he did, joyo (allegedly) does a copy (not 100%, it loses the bass control) for not much money. and the other joyos i have are great for the money. EDIT: the joyo one is the "high gain distortion".

or you could always find a used one (they've been discontinued). i'm sure the kit guys (byoc, GG) make a clone too, if you're handy with a soldering iron.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah i've heard he used a shredmaster, owned one myself too, great pedals they are once you tweek the contour knob. Shredmasters usually go for around 120-150$ used but don't crop up too often. You could get someone here on the forums to build you one, i think Shot from shotrod guitar offers a 'build me this' service.
^ yeah i mean the schematic is freely available. probably boards too. find someone who knows what they're doing and they could just build you one

though if you aren't sure if you'd like it or not, you could do a lot worse than getting the joyo one, i imagine (based on the joyos i've tried). if you hate it you aren't out much.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?