Page 1 of 2
I just thought about this today for some reason, but I think men probably age more gracefully than woman do. Maybe I'm wrong, but then I started thinking whether or not there was a correlation to the fact woman spend the majority of their lives wiping chemicals all over their faces in an ironic act of staying youthful looking? Just a random thought, thinking out loud really.
Men.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Definitely men.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by xX.SirenSong.Xx
girls = saggy tits

guys = saggy dicks
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I think that both sexes have the potential to age really well, and that it just depends on someones life style.

However there are some things that are inevitable: male pattern baldness, breast sagging. If people recognize these things as natural and not shameful, then perhaps it's fair to say that everyone who eats well/exercises/sleeps will age well?
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
No, that's one advantage men have, so long as they stay in shape. A guy whose face has aged can be sometimes attractive (so long as it's not wrinkly like an 80-year-old man). Men can get away with baldness if they cut their hair really short. I've seen it done.
Last edited by The Madcap at Feb 14, 2012,
definitely not women.

Men have simple bodies and are already pretty unattractive, as far as i'm concerned, when we decline we don't have far to fall.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by darkstar2466
guys = saggy dicks

True, but when the most looked at feature is the face, the advantage goes to the men.
People don't really go to heaven when they die. They're taken to a special place and burned - Sherlock Holmes

Your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass!

It's not like bullshit, more like poetry.
Quote by darkstar2466
guys = saggy dicks

twitter: @ljg35

Xbox Live (CoD MW3, Halo 4, NHL 13): ljg 01 Adler
I guess it's probably a lot easier for a guy to look normal when he goes bald than when a woman goes bald, so there's that.
Perception is skewed by the fact that we place more importance on a woman's appearance than a man's.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan
Perception is skewed by the fact that we place more importance on a woman's appearance than a man's.

Don't woman place more importance on their own appearance than men do?
Quote by StewieSwan

And the fact that youthfulness is the primary way we judge women's beauty today, where as we might look at quite a few other things first in men's looks.
Men
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Quote by xX.SirenSong.Xx

Some sick grandma reading this is like "mmmm... saggy dick."

Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie

Men.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by The Madcap
No, that's one advantage men have, so long as they stay in shape. A guy whose face has aged can be sometimes attractive (so long as it's not wrinkly like an 80-year-old man). Men can get away with baldness if they cut their hair really short. I've seen it done.

You know, my hair is falling out and I'm trying to find a way that it looks good before resorting to shaving. I think pulling off bald well is tough to do.

I think I disagree with you though. I think as straight men, we're more geared towards noticing really attractive females, and tend to sometimes brush off others. I do think that women can age just as well, but I feel like they bear the brunt of aging stigma. As a result of this, women tend to try and stay more youthful looking, which tends to turn men off, who think of it as artificial.

Essentially what I'm saying is that the argument is slanted in favor of men "aging better", but most of this definition is arbitrary in the first place and created by social stigma of youth being more attractive.

Click me, or I'll die.

Diane Lane is still hot, but there are not very many really hot older woman.

Last edited by FN77 at Feb 14, 2012,
Quote by Bushinarin
You know, my hair is falling out and I'm trying to find a way that it looks good before resorting to shaving. I think pulling off bald well is tough to do.
It depends. If a guy is relatively in shape and not overweight, usually cutting the hair very short (like an eighth of an inch short) looks a lot better than if it's longer like George Costanza or Larry David. It's a general thing I've noticed, and doesn't apply to every single person.
Quote by Bushinarin
I think I disagree with you though. I think as straight men, we're more geared towards noticing really attractive females, and tend to sometimes brush off others. I do think that women can age just as well, but I feel like they bear the brunt of aging stigma. As a result of this, women tend to try and stay more youthful looking, which tends to turn men off, who think of it as artificial.

Essentially what I'm saying is that the argument is slanted in favor of men "aging better", but most of this definition is arbitrary in the first place and created by social stigma of youth being more attractive.
I've noticed women are more likely to be attracted to older men than men are to older women. Aging in the face can add a quality of masculinity, but for women, it's generally nothing more than a flaw. Men can easily look very good with a tough, rough and kind of gritty appearance which comes with age. Not so much with women as that's very unfeminine.

Keep in mind everything is general, and there's always gonna be exceptions (like Diane Lane. God damn I'd fucking wreck that).
Last edited by The Madcap at Feb 14, 2012,
Quote by dullsilver_mike
It's not the dick so much as the balls. Just think of them--pendulous old man balls knocking around wherever the geezer goes.

You always hear the sound of low-frequency clapping, but you never know where it's coming from.

Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by The Madcap
It depends. If a guy is relatively in shape and not overweight, usually cutting the hair very short (like an eighth of an inch short) looks a lot better than if it's longer like George Costanza or Larry David. It's a general thing I've noticed, and doesn't apply to every single person.I've noticed women are more likely to be attracted to older men than men are to older women. Aging in the face can add a quality of masculinity, but for women, it's generally nothing more than a flaw. Men can easily look very good with a tough, rough and kind of gritty appearance which comes with age. Not so much with women as that's very unfeminine.

Keep in mind everything is general, and there's always gonna be exceptions (like Diane Lane. God damn I'd fucking wreck that).

I wonder about this. I suppose there is some sort of biological predisposition that says that when women can't reproduce, they aren't as attractive (if they're at all). Whereas men can stay fertile throughout their whole lives, and older men usually come with other attractive perks (experience, wisdom and money).

The experience and wisdom aspects of becoming older don't vary by sex though. I've met just as many level-headed older women as I have men.

There is some objectivity in physical attractiveness. I remember reading about newborn infants that could distinguish beautiful people from non-beautiful people. The monetary aspect of older men is a purely social thing though. So I don't know if we can count that towards a definition of attractiveness/aging well.

Click me, or I'll die.

Men perhaps. We look equally shabby in our 20's as we do in our 40's...
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Sigourney Weaver, Salma Hayek, Nigella Lawson.

The three women over 40 in Hollywood that I think are hot.

I think the women can easily name three times as many hot men over 40 from Hollywood.

EDIT: oh and of course Lisa Kudrow.

GOD FUCKING DAAAYYUM.

Last edited by CoreysMonster at Feb 14, 2012,
Anyone ever notice how a lot of Asian women are smoking hot when they're young but are just busted by 40?
I think both have the potential to age quite well.

I know a few woman (celebs and IRL) that are 50 + and I would smash there back doors in
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']Anyone ever notice how a lot of Asian women are smoking hot when they're young but are just busted by 40?
Turkish chicks are often fiiiine as hell but for some reason they seem to turn into shrivelled fat midgets when they age.

Wtf is up with that
lmao, women are already old at 26
Last edited by Jchm at Feb 14, 2012,
Quote by mybanez
Men easily. Women after 15 are generally horrible

+1.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash

There are some fine older women out there...

...but on the whole I'm gonna hafta call it for the dudes on this one.
Of course men age better, after a certain age women stop producing babies but old men can still be slingin' dick like crazy til they drop dead.
Page 1 of 2