Whenever I play the first few frets of my string (mostly on the low e,a,d,), I always encounter harmonic noise( the natural harmonics that can be achieved by lightly fretting the fingerboard on certain areas). It is quite obvious, especially when playing riffs on those frets.
Whenever i lift my fretting fingers just by a little the harmonics will ring out...
Also some frets that i play will have the notes along with harmonics...I have already practiced the riff countless times so i dont think my playing skill matters here.

How do i stop it? I dont think my action is too low as there is no fret buzz when i am fretting those areas(even in the clean channel of my amp).
I now have a signature
Last edited by jnsw at Feb 14, 2012,
And you're complaining about that? That's awesome!

On a more helpful note... maybe you need to fret harder?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Have a good guitar tech look at it - particularly the nut. The strings may not be seated in the nut slots properly.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by Offworld92
And you're complaining about that? That's awesome!

On a more helpful note... maybe you need to fret harder?

im pretty sure im fretting the note hard enough....its when i lift my finger that the harmonics will sound...ITS freaking impossible to avoid the the harmonics even if i lift my finger fast enough. The harmonics are obvious when when i lift my hand slowly
I now have a signature
Quote by FatalGear41
Have a good guitar tech look at it - particularly the nut. The strings may not be seated in the nut slots properly.

I checked the guitar nut for any small dirt/particles as i also suspect that something above the fretboard is causing it,but so far the nut seems free of any dirt....anyway just wanted to get some opinion before heading to a guitar tech
I now have a signature