As the title has concerned, i have an ibanez rg 1570 prestige, mine is made in Japan.
Should i trade it for a gibson les paul studio?
please help me, i want to hear everyone's before making my final decision.
im really happy if you share your own experience about those.
thanks world!

sry if my language is not good, im not native english!
Last edited by samxdriver at Feb 14, 2012,
I'd say no. The RG1570 is a fine guitar and you'll feel limited when you move to the Les Paul (less pickup options, no floating trem, less frets). Keep the Prestige.
No, they're both pretty great guitars but the ibanez has just a few more features that make it more worthwhile. (this is coming from someone who owns an LP Studio)
Do you want a metal/shred guitar or a rock guitar?

Don't know much about the Ibanez Prestige prices where you live, but here they cost more than a Les Paul Studio.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
For a studio, i would say no. You will find it more restrictive to play and for shredding, it wont be as good.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Do you like your Ibanez? Is it comfortable to you? Will you be comfortable playing on the Gibson?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
How to decide? Choose the one with the neck that fits better in your hand, has the better tone etc.
My choice would be the LP cause of the neck (i have small hands so a nice fat neck suits me).
Also wach out for anny flaws and if u have a chance get some money in the trade cause the ibanez is deffinetly a more expensive guitar and worth more than the LP.
I would stick with the ibanez myself, I've had three different les pauls and haven't really liked any of them. Great sound but just not impressed by the rest of the guitar, I think they're over priced myself.
Keep the Ibeenhad and just buy the Gibson. No more worry about missing the guitar.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
They're two completely different guitars. So i can't comment.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Its like asking if you want a Chevy or a Ford, both have great features, both are well made, its mostly personal preference
Kona Custom(Duncan Loaded)
LTD H300(Duncan Loaded)
LTD H400 (Duncan Loaded) STOCK YESSSS
LTD M202 BB(Duncan Loaded)
80s American Tele(STOCK)
Gibson Faded V
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Mesa Triple Rectifier (EL-34s)
and many more.....