Hey all, im going to be checking out a boss gt-10 from craigslist in a few hours. I was wondering if there are any known "bugs" or issues to watch out for? Any thing i should be checking for specifically would be great info to have.

Thanks in advance,

Jerry
The amp models are crap. The fx are great.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
I am not aware of any bugs. I've had mine for two years and have had no issues at all. BossGTCentral is a good forum to check out. The GT is tricky and can be frustrating at times, but when you wrap your head around it the unit is pretty bad ass.
I've yet to run into any problems with mine, and its built like a tank. Since you're getting it off craigslist, I'd factory reset it. The effects are great, and although people complain about the modeling, I've found that if you play around with everything, you can get really sick tones out of it. Also, play around with the effects chain. Rearranging certain parts of the chain could drastically alter your sound.
Axes
Peavey V-Type NTB ST
Peavey PXD 23 II
Jackson JS32T
Ibanez RG 1570
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Blue Royale
ESP LTD EX-50

Amps & Effects
Mesa Boogie Nomad 55
Boss Katana KTN-Head
Roland JC-120
Boss GT-100
Boss ME-80
Zoom G5
Used one live for a year or so as an effects unit. Never skipped a beat as far as I can remember, except when it glitched and spazzed out on me for a few seconds between songs. Quick reset sorted it out, never had another problem with it.

As others have said; the effects were nice, the amp/drive models were worse than cancer. Tone-suck was definitely present, but tolerable for stage use.
Sweet, im looking forward to using this with my combo amp. Current plan is to use this for the fx like delay, flage, wah, etc. I like that you can set it up using a 4cm so certain fx can go in front of the amp and others in the loop. Sounds to be a pretty decent solution. Wasnt really looking for an amp modeler but if there are some cool tones in there great. Im a tinkerer and im pretty good with stuff like this so "fiddling" will be half the fun for me..
Yeah, I operated with the four cable method out of the box. Tried it in a straight setup and it sounded like shit.
haha fair enough. Hopefully this pans out. He is only asking 250 which after a quick ebay search seams like a pretty low price. Guess he needs money for car repairs.. 250 sound good to you all?
That's a damn good price, make sure it works haha.
Axes
Peavey V-Type NTB ST
Peavey PXD 23 II
Jackson JS32T
Ibanez RG 1570
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Blue Royale
ESP LTD EX-50

Amps & Effects
Mesa Boogie Nomad 55
Boss Katana KTN-Head
Roland JC-120
Boss GT-100
Boss ME-80
Zoom G5
Things I'd check for:

1. Water / beer stains
2. Floppy pedal
3. Stiff or unresponsive stomp buttons
4. The buttons don't stick.
5. Test for an extended period to ensure it doesn't glitch halfway
6. Worn or frayed power cord

Like most boss pedals, they're built like tanks. You can probably take one into a bar brawl, win and carry on with your gig.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Feb 14, 2012,
Ahh, thanks for the tips ragingkitty! Glad to know it can be used in self defense/drunken rage with no harm to the gear. I just sold an ME-50 and a Digitech RP6 that were both pretty solid in terms of build quality. Both sounded like A$$ but that goes without saying.

Im sure i will have some questions once i pick this sucker up. Like, right now i run my noise gate using the 4cm. How to run both the GT10 and the NG using the 4cm will take some thinking! haha..
UPDATE: Got the pedal for 250 and it came in its orginal packing with all the manuals and even an extra footswitch (Boss FS-6) dual switch. Had a quick go with it and got the 4cm working no problems. Had to enable the send/receive stuff but seams pretty straight forward. Lots of options with this thing. I was delighted to find it works with my 6505+ channel switching so no need to buy the footswitch for my amp now. Thanks for all the help guys. Great pedal..