I am learning a piece for an audition and it has an 'al fine' symbol at the end of the piece, which I understand means to go to the beginning of the piece and play until the 'fine' symbol

HOWEVER! this piece has a 5 bar intro (marked 'INTRO') and I was wondering if I should play this aswell, or go to the first section that isn't part of the intro. I ask this because there is no coda sign anywhere and playing the intro again sounds odd, whereas if I skip it and play the next section, it fits. So, after an 'al fine', do I go literally to the beginning of the music, or skip the intro the second time round (thus only playing it once)?
Spin round carousel
When your horse isn't screwed in

I II III VI:1 VI:2
After the intro, is there a thin double bar line? A thin double bar line signals the end of section.
No there isn't, it's just a normal bar line.

EDIT: I actually think the last part of this piece has been taken from a different piece and stuck over the end of the first one, because the 'al fine' is handwritten in and the last bar is a closed repeat but I can't see an open repeat line anywhere, and the space between the staves where the last part starts is smaller than the rest. Which is very annoying.
Spin round carousel

Last edited by mullet1337 at Feb 14, 2012,
At the end of the piece, does it say D C al fine or D S al fine?
Just al fine, and there are no coda or segno symbols in the piece. Because the pieces of music weren't written to go together naturally anyway, I'm thinking just play the intro
Spin round carousel

Lol, ok hmm. I think to play the intro also. Especially since there is only a normal, single bar line after it.
Okay, thanks for the help I really hate this piece!
Spin round carousel