I just got a new Amp, an Egnater Rebel 30, which I like a lot, but am a little worried about. Sometimes when I power it on, for the first few minutes (5-10 minutes) it makes some intermittent, transient, soft 'whooshing' sounds. There also can bit a little soft static. Then, when it's fully warmed up, it goes normal, and is fine for the rest of the playing session.

Could this be due to new tubes breaking in, or is it likely something I should be worried about?

BTW, I got this amp because I needed something that I could dial up a bunch of gain while still controlling the volume, and this amp does that in spades. The clean channel is nice but unremarkable, compared to my Mesa, but the gain channel is perfect for our band needs. I got this becuase I wanted a rehearsal amp that I could leave at band practice, and I think it's going to be perfect, if the above issue isn't a problem.
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II, Seymour Duncan Jazz and '59.
ESP Horizon NT II
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Mesa 5:50 Express
Egnator Rebel 30
Hughes and Kettner Tubemeister 18
Last edited by Silver Hilton at Feb 14, 2012,
Is it used new or brand new?

Does it have a Stand-by switch? If so use that instead of just powering it up. You turn the Stand-by on, then the amp and let it sit for a while.

If it's brand new and you are using the stand-by I would get that checked out soon or demand a refund/replacement.
Gibson Les Paul Custom (Aged White)
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
Make sure it's on standby for a while first, you have to warm up a tube amp in standby mode first.
I just bought the same amp a few days back and have a question. How much noise does the amp make on the clean channel at a bedroom volume? Is there a noticable hiss?
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by JKHC
I just bought the same amp a few days back and have a question. How much noise does the amp make on the clean channel at a bedroom volume? Is there a noticable hiss?

The clean channel is a bit noisy, compared to the dirty channel. It's not bad enough that I'm going to complain about it, as the hiss from my guitar is louder. All my guitars hiss in this house, due to a lot of RF interference. I'm wondering if the amp is hearing some of that as well, even though I have it plugged into a Furman power conditioner.

How do you like the amp otherwise?
ESP Horizon NT II
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Egnator Rebel 30
Quote by conor-figgy
Make sure it's on standby for a while first, you have to warm up a tube amp in standby mode first.

How long is your "awhile"? I let it warm up for about a minute before taking it off standby. Normally I'm tuning the guitar while the amp is warming up, so that tells you how long. The noise seems to disappear after about 5 minutes of playing. I always heard you should let an amp warm up 1 second for every watt of power before cutting over. That would be 30 seconds for this little guy.
ESP Horizon NT II
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Egnator Rebel 30
Quote by Silver Hilton
How long is your "awhile"? I let it warm up for about a minute before taking it off standby. Normally I'm tuning the guitar while the amp is warming up, so that tells you how long. The noise seems to disappear after about 5 minutes of playing. I always heard you should let an amp warm up 1 second for every watt of power before cutting over. That would be 30 seconds for this little guy.

But it also depends on how hot you're running it. When you start it up, is there a volume difference after those 5 minutes?
Quote by conor-figgy
But it also depends on how hot you're running it. When you start it up, is there a volume difference after those 5 minutes?

No, volume is unchanged
ESP Horizon NT II
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Egnator Rebel 30
Ah, well then I'm afraid I'm not too sure. Cathbard might be your best bet but I don't know if he's seen this thread yet.