hey guys.

I'm an absolute dummy in customizing guitars (specs wise and appearence wise!!)

I always thought that Jackson RR24 with blood red bevels is a really awesome axe.

specs are great and also sounds great and looks so HOT!

but I wanted to make it look even more beautiful!

so I have a dream of owning a Jackson RR24 with blood red bevels

and blood red bridge and blood red inlays!!

do you think that dream can come true?

I mean is it possible to change the color of the bridge and inlays??????

even thinking about the look of this axe drives me insane!!
If you have the money
AMP:
Rocktron chameleon 2000
Roland GP16
Audio Technica wireless
Peavey valveking
Clydesdale custom case
GUITAR:
Indie super T black (modded with active and passive pickups)
Daisy Rock Rock Candy Special
Quote by Fridge101
If you have the money

tnx for the reply but could you tell me why you think costs a lot?

any advice?
Quote by LORDLUCIFER
tnx for the reply but could you tell me why you think costs a lot?

any advice?

You can't really change the colour of the inlays. If you try to paint them or something, it'll rub off. You'll have to get inlays made of black plastic installed, which is difficult work and would require removing the frets. If you order a custom guitar, you can specify that option.

As for hardware, I can't think of any brand that makes red hardware. Black hardware exists, so I'm sure its possible to do, but probably not something you can do at home.
the bridge on that guitar you typically cannot get in red. You could try taking it to a shop and strip the paint off and have it powder coated (is that right people?) or finished in red, and that may be costly.

The inlays you could probably get thin vinyl stickers to put on there, which would be cheap. Wouldn't last forever though.
You could get the hardware powder coated or anodized. If you go this route it might be best to leave the saddles as they are and just color the rest of the bridge.

If you know how to do inlays you could find a way to do it. Does it have the standard white pearl shark fins at the moment? You might try lightly sanding them and then staining them.

And can you please never space your lines like that again?
You can't really change the colour of the inlays. If you try to paint them or something, it'll rub off. You'll have to get inlays made of black plastic installed, which is difficult work and would require removing the frets. If you order a custom guitar, you can specify that option.

As for hardware, I can't think of any brand that makes red hardware. Black hardware exists, so I'm sure its possible to do, but probably not something you can do at home.

tnx but I think removing the frets is risky.custom guitar? in Iran? hehe in my dreams

the bridge on that guitar you typically cannot get in red. You could try taking it to a shop and strip the paint off and have it powder coated (is that right people?) or finished in red, and that may be costly.

The inlays you could probably get thin vinyl stickers to put on there, which would be cheap. Wouldn't last forever though.

thanks dude but what is the name of that powder? can I find it on ebay?and how about vinyls? do they come in different designs? sharkfin and....?

You could get the hardware powder coated or anodized. If you go this route it might be best to leave the saddles as they are and just color the rest of the bridge.

If you know how to do inlays you could find a way to do it. Does it have the standard white pearl shark fins at the moment? You might try lightly sanding them and then staining them.

And can you please never space your lines like that again?

sorry for writing like that.I've been used to it forever! don't know why
yes the original inlays on the RR24 are the shark fins they look damn awesome but they would look even better when they turn to red
You wouldn't be able to powder coat it yourself without the proper tools and supplies. It's not something you can just diy for a one time deal. You have to strip the metal (not entirely necessary but recommended), then spray the powder on, then you bake it. ANd you have to bake it in an oven that you don't use for food because it is toxic.

Though if you go the way I had mentioned and leave the saddles chrome you could just lightly sand the rest of the bridge and spray it with an appliance enamel. That should be stoked at most hardware stores. Since the saddles take the most abuse if you keep them chrome you won't have to worry about paint chipping and then looking cheap.
Quote by LORDLUCIFER
hey guys.

I'm an absolute dummy in customizing guitars (specs wise and appearence wise!!)

I always thought that Jackson RR24 with blood red bevels is a really awesome axe.

specs are great and also sounds great and looks so HOT!

but I wanted to make it look even more beautiful!

so I have a dream of owning a Jackson RR24 with blood red bevels

and blood red bridge and blood red inlays!!

do you think that dream can come true?

I mean is it possible to change the color of the bridge and inlays??????

even thinking about the look of this axe drives me insane!!

Hi!

Wow, are you seriously on Qeshm Island? I'm surprised you have access to the outside world... seeing as how you have to get past the state-run firewall. 'Blood Red' is a curious color choice BTW... but I digress.

People have already commented on the inlays. If you want new inlays, the frets get removed, the old inlays get dug out, new ones installed, followed by a complete re-fretting. I'd wager the cost of that would almost be in the same ballpark as a new custom neck. The alternative would be red vinyl sharkfin 'overlays'. Ebay or Google would be your best bet for sourcing those.

As for the the bridge, the only way to add color is Anodizing or Powder Coating. Powder coating would probably be better for color matching; Anodizing would be a bit more durable.

Its all possible you just need time and money.
You wouldn't be able to powder coat it yourself without the proper tools and supplies. It's not something you can just diy for a one time deal. You have to strip the metal (not entirely necessary but recommended), then spray the powder on, then you bake it. ANd you have to bake it in an oven that you don't use for food because it is toxic.

Though if you go the way I had mentioned and leave the saddles chrome you could just lightly sand the rest of the bridge and spray it with an appliance enamel. That should be stoked at most hardware stores. Since the saddles take the most abuse if you keep them chrome you won't have to worry about paint chipping and then looking cheap.

oh so powder coat is out!

yes you're right. it's more logical to keep the saddles in the original color!

Hi!

Wow, are you seriously on Qeshm Island? I'm surprised you have access to the outside world... seeing as how you have to get past the state-run firewall. 'Blood Red' is a curious color choice BTW... but I digress.

People have already commented on the inlays. If you want new inlays, the frets get removed, the old inlays get dug out, new ones installed, followed by a complete re-fretting. I'd wager the cost of that would almost be in the same ballpark as a new custom neck. The alternative would be red vinyl sharkfin 'overlays'. Ebay or Google would be your best bet for sourcing those.

As for the the bridge, the only way to add color is Anodizing or Powder Coating. Powder coating would probably be better for color matching; Anodizing would be a bit more durable.

Its all possible you just need time and money.

Hi yes I do live in Qeshm Island. do you know the island? yes it's difficult but we do it because they can't stop us

yes I already came to conclusion that I should use vinyls!

but about the bridge! I think the powder coating is impossible for me because of difficulties.

and Anodizing requires an expert right? it's not a DIY!
Anodising is yet another industrial process that involves having the dye in an electrolyte, suspending your part in it and running an electric current through the whole lot. I dare say you could do it at home (I seem to remember doing it in a high school science class) but I have no clue where you'd get the right chemicals from.

I suspect inkandlead has the best suggestion. If you get a black bridge then at least you'd still have the black and red thing going on.
many thanks guys. I think I have gained enough infos for this.

I think I should try my luck