As the title says, I'm going to go Drop C from standard tuning, I'm chaging from 9's to 11', is there anything I should think of when doing is? How will it affect the guitar?

I got a Schecter Hellraiser solo 6 with, 25.5 scale

Intonation? I think intonation might get a little screwy, but it should be ok other than that.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio w/ P90s
Epiphone Wilshire Pro Reissue w/ Pearly Gates Pickups
JCA2212c
Vox Night Train
Raven 1x12
Digitech Whammy
TC Electronic Polyphonic Tuner
Earthquaker Devices The Hoof Fuzz
Carbon Copy
BYOC BBO
TC Arena Reverb
Make sure you know how to change the intonation since you are changing tuning and string gauge. It shouldn't be so bad since you have a fixed bridge.
Quote by Trowzaa
Why do you and your mates all drive old vehicles?
Please say you've got mates with old ambulances and fire engines too. That'd be brilliant.
I've heard that relief should also be adjusted, but I am not sure... Intonation is no prob, I got that
If you're going to change string gauge, you'll need to re-set up the whole guitar.

This entails a truss tod adjustment- usually tightening it if you're using a heavier gauge, depending on the tuning

Action- which you may have to raise slightly for larger strings

Intonation-if you downtune, you may have to move the intonation saddles further back to get to the intonation point
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Feb 14, 2012,
to be honest, all you will probably need to really worry about is intonation, and possibly an action change for the thicker strings. you won't need to touch the truss rod. yes, you're using thicker strings, but you're also tuning down, which should compensate for the tension.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
if you DO happen to need to adjust the truss rod, (which you really shouldn't), fret the 6th string at the first fret and where the neck meets the body (15-17th approximately), and see if you can fit a credit card in the gap. if you can't or if that gap is pretty big, then adjusting may need to take place.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by pjuckazz
How much should I adjusst the truss rod? How do I know what to look after?

enough relief that if you fret the 16th fret with your right hand and the first fret with your left (all on the 6th string), the gap between the 6th string and 7th fret should be 0.5mm. Or half the thickness of a credit card.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by randomhero93
if you DO happen to need to adjust the truss rod, (which you really shouldn't), fret the 6th string at the first fret and where the neck meets the body (15-17th approximately), and see if you can fit a credit card in the gap. if you can't or if that gap is pretty big, then adjusting may need to take place.

Oh so, so in the case if that gap is too big, should I tighten it or loosen it?

Thx btw for all the help guys!
If the gap is too big, you tighten it, and if there is no gap, you loosen the truss rod. Also to remember, righty tighty, lefty loosie when you look down the neck from the headstock. If the truss rod doesn't want to move, then don't force it.
for a while? if your actually making the commitment and have a 2nd guitar or will not need to switch frequently, i would recomend:

thicker strings - no less than 10s. i play 10 heavy bottoms all the time, and personally i would prefer heavier. perhaps 11 heavy bottoms if i could find em.

nut adjustment - if you add heavy strings make sure the nut slots are able to fit em. i forgot and busted my nut once!

truss adjustment- possible. less tension but heavier strings - it may even out. really its a case by case thing

intonation. most guitars this is really easy so this isnt a big deal.

pick change? not sure what you use, but generally music in drop c will be using different techniques than music not in drop C. i would say that i know what kind of pick i would use and not want to use for heavier / faster / chuggier playing. thats just me though. for example i would NOT use a fender standard light and floppy one.
I use 10's for drop c, but I really have to finesse my playing rather than hit the strings like I have for 17 yrs playing punk/hardcore in E standard drop D. I am setting up 2 o my guitars today with 11's for the drop stuff. but I am slotting the nut for these strings, adjusting the truss rod and intonation aswell.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
the only real thing you'll have to worry about is your action 9s to 11s is a little bit of a jump, but its not that crucial. plus, with it being downtuned the tension will be around the same as if it were in standard
NOPE