Kinda of noob here.

What's your opinion about this?
How hard is to change the cords?
Im using a Epi G400 right now, with a Line 6 HD 300 pedalboard... Which is the main difference between my epi and this guitar?
What should I check?

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-137052677-ibanez-rg350-dx-bk-rg-series-guitarra-electrica-con-floyd-_JM

Thanks!

My songs
My Band songs

Gear:
Vox PathFinder R15
Epiphone G-400
Accord Strato
Acoustic Guitar
POD HD 300
Boss MT2
Boss CH1
Boss DS1
Tascam US-122 MKII
AT 2020 mic
Different neck on the ibanez. it is going to be much thinner and will have a natural finish. I like both Epi's and Ibanez's i have had a few of both. I would say that Ibanez guitars are growing on me more and more. My Epi has had to have lots of work to maintain it but my ibanez hasnt had to really be fixed as much. It all is just personal preference in the end. I would say try to find a shop and play one before you buy it.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
Quote by MrArarat
Kinda of noob here.

What's your opinion about this?
How hard is to change the cords?
Im using a Epi G400 right now, with a Line 6 HD 300 pedalboard... Which is the main difference between my epi and this guitar?
What should I check?

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-137052677-ibanez-rg350-dx-bk-rg-series-guitarra-electrica-con-floyd-_JM

Thanks!

woah dude thats really weird, i went from a Epi G400 to a RG350 like 2 years ago (still got the G400).

A few differences that you will notice and have to get used to are:

Jumbo Frets on the Ibanez
Tremolo Bridge (getting used to being able to set it up and change strings)
And your palm muting technique will probably change because if you rest too hard on with a tremolo it will push the bridge down and alter the pitch slightly.

any questions just ask!
take a listen to my ibanez 350 on youtube, Link below

Mine is an older version 1999 model,. recordings are using a VOX ToneLab ST pedal.
It's all personal taste, i have 7 electrics, and this is my favorite for playability, the neck is fast and the bridge pickup is great for metal.

My PRS and Les Paul are better for the smooth solos,. but the neck pickup on the ibanez still does a decent job.

How the trem holds tuning is purely down to setup,. just changing the stock strings will give you a few problems with tuning stability. But most guitars have this problem. Now if you know what you are doing, it will hold tuning every time. Mine i can bash the hell out the wammy bar : lol : and it holds perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MetalThresher
Last edited by The Thresher at Feb 14, 2012,
Quote by iceh88
Different neck on the ibanez. it is going to be much thinner and will have a natural finish. I like both Epi's and Ibanez's i have had a few of both. I would say that Ibanez guitars are growing on me more and more. My Epi has had to have lots of work to maintain it but my ibanez hasnt had to really be fixed as much. It all is just personal preference in the end. I would say try to find a shop and play one before you buy it.

So, in short, what you found is that you need less maintainance for the ibanez than the epi?
Thats kinda good news...
So, how hard is to replace strings? I mean, it seems like a pain in the ass...
Thanks for the reply!

My songs
My Band songs

Gear:
Vox PathFinder R15
Epiphone G-400
Accord Strato
Acoustic Guitar
POD HD 300
Boss MT2
Boss CH1
Boss DS1
Tascam US-122 MKII
AT 2020 mic
Quote by bennej1
woah dude thats really weird, i went from a Epi G400 to a RG350 like 2 years ago (still got the G400).

A few differences that you will notice and have to get used to are:

Jumbo Frets on the Ibanez
Tremolo Bridge (getting used to being able to set it up and change strings)
And your palm muting technique will probably change because if you rest too hard on with a tremolo it will push the bridge down and alter the pitch slightly.

any questions just ask!

lol great coincidence!

Jumbo frets? What are those? (sorry im not american)
Is it too hard to change strings? i mean, i play in E, once I tune it that way, i shouldnt have to mess around with the tuning until i replace strings, right?
Palm muting technique could be re learnt :P

If you use the wammy bar too much, does the guitar lose its tuning?
Thx man!

My songs
My Band songs

Gear:
Vox PathFinder R15
Epiphone G-400
Accord Strato
Acoustic Guitar
POD HD 300
Boss MT2
Boss CH1
Boss DS1
Tascam US-122 MKII
AT 2020 mic
Quote by The Thresher
take a listen to my ibanez 350 on youtube, Link below

Mine is an older version 1999 model,. recordings are using a VOX ToneLab ST pedal.
It's all personal taste, i have 7 electrics, and this is my favorite for playability, the neck is fast and the bridge pickup is great for metal.

My PRS and Les Paul are better for the smooth solos,. but the neck pickup on the ibanez still does a decent job.

How the trem holds tuning is purely down to setup,. just changing the stock strings will give you a few problems with tuning stability. But most guitars have this problem. Now if you know what you are doing, it will hold tuning every time. Mine i can bash the hell out the wammy bar : lol : and it holds perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MetalThresher

Great videos man! Loved the FNM cover.
It sounds nice, but the thing is, that it "scares" me with the change of strings and such... i mean, i come from a lower spec guitar, and when i get this one, im afraid of not being able to use it at full potential...

My songs
My Band songs

Gear:
Vox PathFinder R15
Epiphone G-400
Accord Strato
Acoustic Guitar
POD HD 300
Boss MT2
Boss CH1
Boss DS1
Tascam US-122 MKII
AT 2020 mic
Quote by MrArarat
Great videos man! Loved the FNM cover.
It sounds nice, but the thing is, that it "scares" me with the change of strings and such... i mean, i come from a lower spec guitar, and when i get this one, im afraid of not being able to use it at full potential...

Its not so bad, only ever change 1 string at a time at first and you'll be fine,. just dont take them all off at the same time,

There are plenty of videos online availble for floyd rose setup.
It's not too hard to change strings, it's hard to set up the trem, but as said erlier, just type the name of the trmolo in youtube and you'll have a wave of video that'll explain, very nice guitar otherwise, very confortable. But is it 890$ Us dollar for that guitar? cuz that's way way too much
Quote by MrArarat
lol great coincidence!

Is it too hard to change strings? i mean, i play in E, once I tune it that way, i shouldnt have to mess around with the tuning until i replace strings, right?

Thx man!

i'm not american either! ha,

jumbo frets are just bigger frets basically, i prefer them personally.

it's not too hard, just find an online tutorial for the first time and you'll get used to it, yeah it's not good to mess around too much with tunings if its your first floyd rose or you'll mess it up (like i did, took ages to sort out ha)

and as long as you tighten the locking nuts properly it should stay intune, mine did and i abused the whammy bar in the first 6 months of having it, literally.
Website says U$S 890.00.
If that guitar is 900$ USD stay the hell away.
I bought my rg370 (same guitar but rear routed [no pickguard]) for 400$ new and I consider that too high. I bought a prestige for way less then 900$.
Otherwise as said its a pretty good guitar, may wanna swap pickups/ pots sooner or later.
Quote by The Thresher
Its not so bad, only ever change 1 string at a time at first and you'll be fine,. just dont take them all off at the same time,

There are plenty of videos online availble for floyd rose setup.

Yeah, i've been watching some and the trick seems to be to replace one string at a time, and being careful with screwing the bolts right.
Thanks man!

My songs
My Band songs

Gear:
Vox PathFinder R15
Epiphone G-400
Accord Strato
Acoustic Guitar
POD HD 300
Boss MT2
Boss CH1
Boss DS1
Tascam US-122 MKII
AT 2020 mic
Quote by Heideck
It's not too hard to change strings, it's hard to set up the trem, but as said erlier, just type the name of the trmolo in youtube and you'll have a wave of video that'll explain, very nice guitar otherwise, very confortable. But is it 890$ Us dollar for that guitar? cuz that's way way too much

Hey, that price is what we have to pay here, because of customs.... it sucks ****, but its all we have...

My songs
My Band songs

Gear:
Vox PathFinder R15
Epiphone G-400
Accord Strato
Acoustic Guitar
POD HD 300
Boss MT2
Boss CH1
Boss DS1
Tascam US-122 MKII
AT 2020 mic
Quote by bennej1
i'm not american either! ha,

jumbo frets are just bigger frets basically, i prefer them personally.

it's not too hard, just find an online tutorial for the first time and you'll get used to it, yeah it's not good to mess around too much with tunings if its your first floyd rose or you'll mess it up (like i did, took ages to sort out ha)

and as long as you tighten the locking nuts properly it should stay intune, mine did and i abused the whammy bar in the first 6 months of having it, literally.

Oh, so... bigger frets... seems interesting.. specially in the higher frets where right now i tend to make some mistakes fretting because of it size...

Im looking forward to give that whammy a beating

Thanks man!

My songs
My Band songs

Gear:
Vox PathFinder R15
Epiphone G-400
Accord Strato
Acoustic Guitar
POD HD 300
Boss MT2
Boss CH1
Boss DS1
Tascam US-122 MKII
AT 2020 mic
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Website says U$S 890.00.
If that guitar is 900$ USD stay the hell away.
I bought my rg370 (same guitar but rear routed [no pickguard]) for 400$ new and I consider that too high. I bought a prestige for way less then 900$.
Otherwise as said its a pretty good guitar, may wanna swap pickups/ pots sooner or later.

You know, we have to pay that price because of high taxes in customs... it sucks, but, i have no other way...
Why do you say that about pickups? i thought they were good ones...

My songs
My Band songs

Gear:
Vox PathFinder R15
Epiphone G-400
Accord Strato
Acoustic Guitar
POD HD 300
Boss MT2
Boss CH1
Boss DS1
Tascam US-122 MKII
AT 2020 mic
Quote by MrArarat
You know, we have to pay that price because of high taxes in customs... it sucks, but, i have no other way...

we don't pay that kind of price at all!

it's around £400 ( i think mine was less because i went into a store and got the price down a bit)

http://www.gak.co.uk/en/ibanez-rg350exz-bk-black/45265 - £389 from a uk dealer

also the pic ups are alright, not amazing but they are certainly good enough for most things.
I don't think you should buy it new unless you really have to, try and find a second hand alternative in your country if you can, you'll save so much money or get more bang for your buck.
Quote by MrArarat
lol great coincidence!

Thx man!

Best trem for the price. Zero Point system adds damn high stability (on RG350DXZ model. Yet I'd prefer RGA72TQMZ if i'd played metal. I don't know too much about what you play, so for classic rock, blues and jazy stuff, 350DXZ would be awesome, but if wanna go very aggresive RGA series are better.

Jumbo frets are bigger, gives a little mor sustain to guitar as i know. You won't have problem with replacing. About the ones talking about palm mute, there's no such problem. Just 1 minute and you will be able to palm mute without ANY problem.
Last edited by cemges at Feb 15, 2012,
Quote by MrArarat

Ouch, that does suck.

The pickups are okay, I find they sound good in rock situations, but the bridge isnt hot enough for metal imo and muds up. The neck pickup isnt warm enough for me and the cleans arent very articulate.
The single coil is shit. I'd give more detailed info, but I gotta run to work now.